Houston TX Post-War Historic District Mods, Ranches, Swankiendas

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: Java, I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols

txmod
Modern Master

Houston TX Post-War Historic District Mods, Ranches, Swankiendas

Postby txmod » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:18 am

I've got a couple of great mid-century listings in Houston's Glenbrook Valley, named a top neighborhood by This Old House. Most of the houses in that section of the neighborhood were custom, so they vary a lot. It is only about 8 miles from downtown, and also close to the Medical Center and major Universities.

I have what I would classify as a mod-leaning ranch, with a lot of character and original elements intact. Some questionable flooring choices in a few rooms, and I would redo kitchen counters, but otherwise pretty "unmolested." 2,377 sq ft per tax rolls, the front living areas are paneled in solid walnut, the den in pecky cypress, a hard-to-find wood today that looks really cool with mod artwork and furnishings. 2.5 baths, one with original boom-a-rang formica counters. Lots of flagstone in and out, $259,000

http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFulPhoto/PrtBuyFulPhoto.asp?emailGUID=706fd6be-3937-4e13-8428-db482643737c&AgentId=trucks

Second one is a Spanish style ranch. Very unique. Gated courtyard, fabulous landscaping, one big living area with a vaulted ceiling & stone fireplace, formal dining plus a breakfast room, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths. Lots of character and very well maintained. $315,000
http://harlistings.marketlinx.com/SearchDetail/Scripts/PrtBuyFulPhoto/PrtBuyFulPhoto.asp?emailGUID=6fd66a7a-888e-4a78-a1d9-e00c54a8b800&AgentId=trucks

Lastly, a full throttle Palm Springs style mod centered around a big glass walled atrium. About 3,500 sq ft, 3 bedrooms, formals, huge, huge den with lots of glass and vaulted ceiling, study, workshop off garage. Double door entry with original door knob plates. Awesome house! Not yet on MLS, $375,000.

Robert Searcy Properties, rps324@msn.com 832-279-5332

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”