Ventura County, Conejo Valley - Any MCM for sale?

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

rickstar
Modern Fan

Ventura County, Conejo Valley - Any MCM for sale?

Postby rickstar » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:51 am

Hello, I just wanted to get the word out that I'm looking for a mcm home in either the Ventura or Thousand Oaks area. Thanks for any info or help!

morbank
Modern Master

Postby morbank » Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:52 pm

Hi - I think I received one of your cards the other day...I assume you know of eichlersocal.com . They list homes pretty quickly. I know firsthand that a 1/3 of these Eichlers in TO go up for sale without going through the MLS; people don't even find out about them until they have already been sold and the moving truck is in front of the house. So leaving your card was probably a good idea. good luck

rickstar
Modern Fan

Postby rickstar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:00 am

Yes that was my card you got. I guess all I can do now is keep my fingers crossed!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:47 am

rickstar - you are definitely taking the right approach - to get the really good homes and the deals you have to be proactive.
AND it pays to make friends with the people who live in the neighborrhood where you want to be.

we found our eichler through friends of a friend. And then in turn, I was actually responsible for geting 2 great owners into our neighborhood a while back. one was simply a good friend of ours looking to buy and i tipped him of a home that was available, but the other one was a guy who came to my garage sale and we started to talk architecture... he said he was looking for an eichler...
so you can bet that when i heard one was on the market - i called him immediately.
they got the house - and fixed it up so well - it is now one of the nicest homes in the hood.

Zelzah
Modern Socialite

Postby Zelzah » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:03 am

I agree with Morbank and MM. You should visit the neighborhoods and befriend people. Our realtor knocked on doors and send postcards but in the end it was a neighbor who called us when the house we just bought came in the market. As a result we have an awesome one of a kind Eichler in 100% original condition :D And believe it or not it was one of the guys MM alerted 3 years ago.

If you are patient you won't just get a great house, you will also make great friends.

morbank
Modern Master

Postby morbank » Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:58 pm

Most owners of Eichlers are closely and personally connected to their home, so if they are thinking of selling it, I'm sure they would be more likely to sell it to someone who specifically wanted that type of house. Also, i think more people are thinking more about the idea of selling their Eichler because of the current values. I never thought I would consider selling my house, but you never know, if some millionaire knocked on my door one day.... :)

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:14 pm

seems to be the trend these days.

Recently, a young couple seeking a modernist abode wrote a letter to the owners of a swell Rummer in Oak Hill (Beaverton, Ore.) and were able to make a deal quickly, under the radar. They realtor wasn't too pleased, to say the least.

Oh well, what ever works!

rickstar
Modern Fan

Postby rickstar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:37 pm

So far everyone who I've talked to in the neighborhood has been pretty friendly/helpful. While I was passing the flyers out, one resident showed me around his place and said that his family is considering moving so he would call me when he was ready. Then I received a call on my way home from another guy who plans on selling his in a couple months.

And I just got another phone call from another resident who told me about a potential, so things are looking good. I didn't think I would get this much of a response so quickly. Either way I'm willing to wait however long it takes; for me it has to be an Eichler or nothing at all :)

rickstar
Modern Fan

Postby rickstar » Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:22 am

... still looking. All of the leads I had received last year turned out to be owners who were just considering selling, but none of them were serious.

If anyone knows of any MCM for sale please pass the word on to me!!

JULIEDUK
Modern Groupie

MCM in monrovia

Postby JULIEDUK » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:25 pm

My husband and I saw the MCM in monrovia hills
cool house
fantasic view
good price 625
sellers have it listed in the residential forum under Monrovia MCM
It's worth checking out.

Also on Valley modern.com there is an Eichler for 615 that needs some work. It's in Balboa Highlands granada hills.

Where did you hand out your info?

There was another one on a corner lot but I think the kitchen had been updated too much.

Hope this helps

rickstar
Modern Fan

Postby rickstar » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:33 pm

Yes, I've seen all of those listings before, unfortunately they are all just a little too far out of the area for me. I work in Ventura so it would be a tough commute. If only I was a little closer I would snatch up that Eichler in a second! Thanks

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:35 pm

Hey Rickstar! I am in 1000 Oaks also, sadly not in an Eichler but I have an idea for you, On the TiKi Central site there is a fellow who lives out here in a Eichler. He could be your eyes in the 'hood' for you, His handle is Bongofury e-mail him at; r427@lycos.com Great guy, got an awsome house also. Good luck, when you get out here you will have to have us all over!

clat1944
Modern Groupie

Re: Ventura County, Conejo Valley - Any MCM for sale?

Postby clat1944 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:15 am

It is one of the biggest region, covering Los Angeles Country with the edges of Ventura. He said that loves living in the simi valley and Conejo Valley it is the decent place to bring up youngsters.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”