LA, 1938 Edward Lind - Schindleresque

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

LA, 1938 Edward Lind - Schindleresque

Postby nichols » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:28 pm

ch
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby ch » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Looks like the current owners had it for just under two years:

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:47 am

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Yup

Postby modfan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:06 am

If you check the previous postings links it was for sale and I think the 'modern' part was added on to the front of a rather 'traditional' house
looks kinda cool but the location is nothing great, too close to the freeway for me.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:43 pm

Could be that the house is an Edward Lind remodel of an existing house. Seems to me that Schindler did this as well, at least once. . .

Last time we saw this house it was painted in very warm colors, I believe.

SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:23 pm

it seems very cold. oddly unconvincing as a home. i can't
figure out what is missing. not interesting. though really stunning
at some level. minimal becomes numb eventually?
not sure...

L.A.kevin

what a couple of years has done!

Postby L.A.kevin » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 am

Wow, that house looks so much better than I had seen it a couple of years ago. I hope some of the details are still there. There were so many nice little features- like no frames for the doors, everything hand plastered in place. There were wonderful lights recessed into the walls and ceiling.

I'd have to say that the house was very much originally built as a modern house. It had been remodelled over the years, IMHO, but the original house was a modern design.

Hope everything is good here at LL.

Kevin

ch

Postby ch » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:24 am

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Probably they did it that way

Postby modfan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:53 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”