Los Angeles, CA - Charlton Res, David Hyun - Architect

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
luther
Modern Master

Los Angeles, CA - Charlton Res, David Hyun - Architect

Postby luther » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:58 pm

The styling and decoration of this house doesn't seem to set well with some of these folks. Is it too much or not? Read on:

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nichols » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 pm

LOS ANGELES TIMES

If these walls could tattle . . .

Janet Charlton, former gossip columnist at Star magazine who now blogs at www.janetcharlton.com, has listed her Hancock Park home at close to $3 million. The Midcentury Modern has five bedrooms and five bathrooms in 4,300 square feet. It also has a pool and a guesthouse.

The film "Running With Scissors," starring Alec Baldwin and Annette Bening, used the house as the troubled couple's family home. Gwen Stefani used it as a set for an album cover.

"My home has always been a magnet for celebs," Charlton, 58, said.

Jeff Yarbrough of Keller Williams Realty, Beverly Hills, has the listing.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketbal ... 1434.story

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:22 pm

LOS ANGELES TIMES

Parties are a breeze in this classic 'House of Tomorrow' -- inside and out. And then there's all that glass.
By Diane Wedner, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
July 13, 2008
THE ONLY thing missing from Janet Charlton's Mid-Century Modern pad in Hancock Park is Frank Sinatra and his Rat Pack buddies lounging under the palm trees, sipping scotch. The L-shaped home, a quintessential 1960s design that blurs the line between indoors and out, was built for entertaining. Nearly every room has glass walls and faces the pool and cabana, "the centerpiece of the property," said Charlton, an Internet gossip columnist...

http://www.latimes.com/classified/reale ... 3462.story

ch
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby ch » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:11 am

Celebrity magnet or not I don't really like it. For a $3 million house the decor looks kind of cheap and kitschy to me. At that price point the place should have much better quality furnishings. Don't get me wrong, some of those flea market finds are fab but are much better suited to rooms of more modest (and creative means). There's just too, too much of it.

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:19 am

Here it is in an Every Time I Die video...I'm sure alot of you on here listen to them.

:wink:

gwdiener
Modern Master

Postby gwdiener » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Fortunately the decor isn't permanent. :wink:

I think it is a very cool house but the location leaves a bit to be desired. 3rd is a major street and Rossmore isn't much better. There is also a school directly across 3rd from it.

pinetree
Modern Socialite

Postby pinetree » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:48 pm

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:16 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:53 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”