Modern in Munster, IN

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Boutiki
Modern Fan

Modern in Munster, IN

Postby Boutiki » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 am

We just recently moved into our dream house, a wonderful brick and glass cube by John McPhereson. It's in Munster, Indiana right on the Illinois/ Indiana border– a mere 28 miles from downtown Chicago. It's essentially a bedroom community with great schools, reasonable taxes, and of course close proximity to the city. We really like the area and we absolutely LOVE our new house.

There are other cool houses in the neighborhood including a couple Keck + Kecks. Here is a sampling: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welc ... nkid=link4

But the house I wanted to share is a terrific little MCM a couple blocks from our house. It's original owner (an architect who designed the house) is selling to downsize. He's still working, but has macular degeneration. Some of the great features include: radiant heat, cork floors, open floor-plan, loads of built-in storage, wall of glass on the Southern exposure (family room/ dining room), clearstory windows... etc. They just replaced a bunch of the mechanicals to make it more salable: there is a new boiler, new a/c unit, new rubber roof.

It's crazy cheap at $187500 for 1600sq. ft. We have nothing to do with the realtor or seller, we'd just love to see someone who appreciates the house get into it. The photos on the listing don't do it justice, of course. The wall of trees form a privacy screen.

Here is the listing: http://regionhomes.com/listings/detail. ... SRPage%3D2

Boutiki
Modern Fan

Postby Boutiki » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:48 am

Sorry. I didn't see the rule about puting the city and state first in the title and I don't see any way to edit my post to fix it.

I'm a dope.

r'n'r_beautyqueen
Modern Socialite

Postby r'n'r_beautyqueen » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:39 pm

We'd love to see more photos. Your neighborhood looks really nice. I have green lawn envy.

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby rockland » Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:50 pm

nice neighborhood. especially #4 and #8. nice that the houses have their
own personalities. nice natural landscaping on #8.
do you know the architect of #4?

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Great to see those houses! In high school I had a lot of friends from Munster. I lived on State Line, but on the wrong side of the street. Meaning Lansing, IL and all the bad schools that went along with it.

mod cats
Modern Socialite

Postby mod cats » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:31 am

Super cool neighborhood ... you've chosen well. Here's a tip of the hat from a former Hoosier.

I'd love to see more pix of your neighbor's house that is for sale...I HATE giant bushes and trees that block the view of a house! It's like the house is suffocating ... or hiding ... or both. Poor house. I want to see it!

Boutiki
Modern Fan

New Listing in the neighborhood

Postby Boutiki » Thu May 15, 2008 8:24 pm

We sure hope someone who understand this house buys it now that the folks with the lay-z-boys are moving.

http://www.regionhomes.com/listings/det ... eLinks%3D6

hala bullhiki
Modern Groupie

Postby hala bullhiki » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:41 pm

good god there are some beautiful homes in your neighborhood!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”