Granada Hills, CA -Possible Eichler foreclosure

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

TJ
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Granada Hills, CA -Possible Eichler foreclosure

Postby TJ » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:47 am

I'm still trying to pull all the facts together..... but it appears very likely that there will be an Eichler on the market very soon. The house on the corner of Jimeno and Nanette (17031 Nanette) looks to be foreclosed, or at least in the process of being foreclosed.
This could turn out to be a good deal for someone if the timing is right. We are not crazing about lowering the comps in the neighborhood, but this is a high profile corner lot, that if cleaned up would do wonders for the look of our area.

TJ

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14 pm

which corner?
the one on the south side that has had some remuddling done?
or the one on the north west corner?

more info please!

TJ
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TJ » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:58 am

It is the green house on the North West corner. I'm not sure of the extent of the damage to the inside, but I have heard the garage was converted into another bedroom (I guess 5 bedrooms wasn't enough) and the renters were a questionable bunch who I am sure thrashed the inside. The exterior appears to be intact and relatively unchanged. This is a view lot with lots of potential-very savable.

TJ

TJ
Modern Groupie

Postby TJ » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:45 pm

This house has definitely been foreclosed on, but is not yet on the market.
Interested parties should contact:

Anna Colon // George
Rocking Horse Realty
832 N. Maclay Avenue
San Fernando, CA 91340

818/361-1235

TJ

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks for the update. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one... I don't want to say that I hope it's trashed inside, but I suppose that would be the only way I'll actually see an Eichler that's in my price range anytime soon. :?
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Soo....

Postby modfan » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 am

It's unoccupied eh. I drove by but was reluctant to look in the windows.
It's the 5 br model tho. The planter in the front needs some work-the masonry is off kilter. Not the worst to restore from what it looks like in front.

TJ
Modern Groupie

Postby TJ » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 am

Unfortunately the house is still occupied and I wouldn't suggest snooping around the back-the neighbors and I are putting pressure on the bank and realtor to speed up the eviction process.
The yard needs help but the bones of the house appear to be good. My house, as well as several other houses in the neighborhood were in similar or worse shape, but these houses clean up and come back to life amazingly well.
I'd bet a shrewd buyer could get this under $600K.

TJ

Taurus
Modern Groupie

Postby Taurus » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:28 am

Cannibal
Modern Groupie

Postby Cannibal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Cannibal
Pres-FKMC
www.flamingknightsmc.com

Cannibal
Modern Groupie

Postby Cannibal » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:24 pm

I also called. It's still in litigation, may be another few months. A friend of mine, in the industry, said the loan was for around $690k. It would be interesting to see what it lists for.

I also heard there may be another one, notice of foreclosure, on Lisette. But I don't have an address. :evil:
Cannibal

Pres-FKMC

www.flamingknightsmc.com

Taurus
Modern Groupie

Postby Taurus » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 pm

modfan

Hmm

Postby modfan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:00 pm

hortonhw
Modern Fan

Postby hortonhw » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:53 am

this house is officially on the market today.
$495K
contact Rocking Horse Realty
Enrique Morquecho
818.634.5928 cell

modfan

Well

Postby modfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 am

I looked around the property and the back sgd was left open (this was a few months back) It was trashed inside with clothes and stuff strewn all over. The wall between the house and the garage was gone and the garage looked like a non permitted addtion. Also the 5 br wall was knocked down to make a larger mbr. Structurally it doesn't look too bad looks fixable. Fixture wise some stuff might be missing or inappropriate remodeling. But for 495 (my how things have changed-less that what I paid for mine) it could be made into a beaut. Any takers?
And what about the insulation in these homes anyway?

Perks

Postby Perks » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:32 am

Jhigareda
Modern Groupie

RE: 17031 Nanette St.

Postby Jhigareda » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:33 am

Hello Everyone,
The home is finally free of those horrible tenants as of February.
Some of the nearby neighbors that I have met have told me stories about the events and lies they have been told.

Anyhow the home has now been listed in the MLS and hopefully there will be some better people looking to make this a magnificent place to call home.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:28 pm

wow, I have NEVER see an Eichler for this price. good model too.

modfan

Well I'm gonna post it

Postby modfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 pm

My concept for this house:

compare with the plan 405 on the balboahighlands.com website to see what the changes are. (I crudely photoshopped the picture from google maps streetview, the actual landscaping is browner and shabbier looking)

Jhigareda
Modern Groupie

The price is low for a reason.

Postby Jhigareda » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:40 am

The house needs everything, plumbing, sewer line, electrical, roof, flooring, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, new doors and windows, and heating and air.

2 bedrooms were made into 1 and it does not look right.
The rear deck feels like it needs to be rebuilt and then the sloped need amjor attention.

If the bank refurbishes the home they would use the cheapest materials and make the house habitable but not correct for how the home should look.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 am

Jhigareda
Modern Groupie

RE: Siding

Postby Jhigareda » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:18 pm

Does anyone know what type of siding these homes have, because its not regular wood or aluminum?

Thanks

modfan

I think

Postby modfan » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Oak Claudeland
Modern Groupie

eichler siding

Postby Oak Claudeland » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:57 pm

twentyniner
Modern Groupie

Postby twentyniner » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:02 pm

It's in escrow. Someone jumped on it quick! But unfortunately not me :(

Oak Claudeland
Modern Groupie

Postby Oak Claudeland » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:51 pm

let's hope it's an eichler fan and not some misguided speculator looking to
stucco it over and flip it. we'll be watching. our ICO is still in effect and hpoz
is right around the corner....

ValleyModern
Modern Master

friend or foe?

Postby ValleyModern » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:53 am

Not to worry ;)
Craig Terrien
Deasy/Penner & Partners
www.ValleyModern.com

modfan

Let em

Postby modfan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 pm

Know about this forum.

Perks

Re: friend or foe?

Postby Perks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:09 pm

Oak Claudeland
Modern Groupie

nice

Postby Oak Claudeland » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:42 pm

ValleyModern
Modern Master

is it you?

Postby ValleyModern » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:16 am

Oh, I wish. I've got my own project right now, though. Perks, I do want to see your place! I've never been the love em and leave em type, but I've been busy with this down market!!
Craig Terrien

Deasy/Penner & Partners

www.ValleyModern.com

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”