Beautiful Mid-Cnetury in Portland, OR $253,000

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lorilane
Modern Groupie

Beautiful Mid-Cnetury in Portland, OR $253,000

Postby lorilane » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:44 am

Lori Lane
Realtor
John L. Scott
(503) 703-7544

pinkmoneyclub
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Are You Kidding- Portland Buyers Must Be Sleeping

Postby pinkmoneyclub » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:07 pm

I love John Storrs' Architecture. Especially the Salishan Lodge. Portland must be way behind in the mid-century modern real estate movement, because I can't believe you are selling this for so little. You can tell this won't be on the market long - as soon as a mid mod fan sees it, they'll snap it up.

I live in a Seattle mid mod home, and you would pay twice that for this darling house up here.

Sputnikmoss
Modern Master

Postby Sputnikmoss » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:51 am

No, Portland is quite hip to it but the house is located in outer NE on a tiny lot next to a busy street. It's a great house but location, location, location. I live close by and lurk that place all the time.
Sputnik Housewares...Jetset furnishings from the Atomic Age!

midmodlife
Modern Groupie

Postby midmodlife » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Um, actually the ad clearly states the lot to be 7500 sq. ft. which is standard in that neighborhood and anything but tiny. It obviously has both front AND back landscaped yards.

And the first poster is right on, even in Ne. Portland you'd be hard pressed to find a broken down bungalow let alone a John Storrs architectural home for $253k!!

And a bit of P-town trivia: Did you know that John Storrs son, Leather Storrs, is the rock star chef behind the much talked about Rocket restaurant? Seems artistic innovation runs in the family...

pinkmoneyclub
Modern Groupie

Portland Has Traffic?

Postby pinkmoneyclub » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:28 pm

I come from Los Angeles - now THAT's traffic. Even here in Seattle the traffic is double or triple that in little Portland.

Isn't it up to the purchaser to decide whether a street is too busy for them? 7500 sq feet is a nice sized lot and looks huge compared to crackerbox in-town houses where you can barely squeeze between them - and trees are gorgeous.

Now I'm just about curious enough to come down and take a look for myself. For that price I could rent it out.

I've been reading up on the neighborhood since I read your post and it looks like this part of Portland is going to be getting an influx of money and upgrades in the next year or two. That should make purchasing there a really good investment, particularly if you can hold on to the house for a few years. Although the housing skyrocket has leveled, there are obviously still good buys to be had in areas where values may be perceived as lower.

Sputnikmoss
Modern Master

Postby Sputnikmoss » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:38 am

Sputnik Housewares...Jetset furnishings from the Atomic Age!

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Re: Are You Kidding- Portland Buyers Must Be Sleeping

Postby Joe » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:57 am

pinkmoneyclub
Modern Groupie

Postby pinkmoneyclub » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:12 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”