Alhambra,CA-MCM compound with pool, guest house & views

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

mtwall
Modern Master

Alhambra,CA-MCM compound with pool, guest house & views

Postby mtwall » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:54 pm

Last edited by mtwall on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Wow what a cool pad! Alhambra. Who knew?

AdamB
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby AdamB » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:29 pm

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:20 pm

allen
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

3111 glenridge, alhambra

Postby allen » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:38 pm

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:24 pm

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:48 pm

Here's a Virtual Earth aerial. It's a nice house but it's kind of wedged in among its neighbors.

allen
Modern Master

flipperrrrrrrrrr

Postby allen » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:56 pm

ValleyModern
Modern Master

650?

Postby ValleyModern » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Not sure where you got that info from, but we sold that dilapidated wreck two years ago for 820k to our client who massaged it into the sublime state of beauty that we present to you today. It really is something. Call me and lets go see what kind of something it is!
Craig Terrien
Deasy/Penner & Partners
www.ValleyModern.com

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:43 am

is that permitted massaging or just paint and carpet?

ValleyModern
Modern Master

carpet and paint

Postby ValleyModern » Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:53 pm

Craig Terrien

Deasy/Penner & Partners

www.ValleyModern.com

AdamB
Modern Socialite

Postby AdamB » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Craig, it looks awesome and I hope you find a happy buyer.

I live pretty close by and it is a nice neighborhood with great stuff nearby.

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:45 pm

i'm guessing no permits then.

ValleyModern
Modern Master

permits

Postby ValleyModern » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Pal, you really are a pill. But if you are interested, I'll fax you all of the permits I have on that house.

Thanks for your interest!
Craig Terrien

Deasy/Penner & Partners

www.ValleyModern.com

Perks

Postby Perks » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:18 pm

Craig, something tells me George isn't going to be putting an offer in on that house anytime soon. :wink:

As far as I'm concerned, the lack of any recent modifications that would have required a permit would do more to boost its value. You can do a whole heckuva lot to improve the value and feel of a house without needing permits.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:11 am

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:55 am

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:53 pm

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:01 pm

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:57 pm

dear george,

i am sorry you read previous posts as flippant. they certainly were not intended to be but i apologize nonetheless if that is how you (or anyone else) read them. we always welcome inquiries which is why we posted the information about this home to this site in the first place. if and when our postings about listings are not welcome here, we will stop.

it is a great house. if you have questions about it please contact us. we would be most happy to oblige with all information available. however, libeling the property in a public forum when you have absolutely no personal knowledge is a slippery slope.

margot
ValleyModern.com

realsedated
Modern Groupie

Postby realsedated » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:04 pm

MTWall, Don't get too gent out of shape about the posts. Pal George (and I don't mean to be rude about someone I don't know) is likely a lot like many of the folks out there right now when it comes to the real estate market.

When the market was overly strong, I'm guessing he was as excited as anyone about rising values.

Now that the market is dropping, he becomes negative and cynical.

Here's the reality! $1.2 million in Alhambra is a bunch of money. Permitted changes or not, the owner probably made improvements. But does that translate into a likely record sale for the style, square footage, etc? Maybe, maybe not.

I can actually say that I know this owner and he likely did some things well and others were probably done on the cheap to appear more expensive than they were. But I can say that he would never live in anything that was a hack job, so the house has most certainly been improved since the recent purchase.

The question that is the most important one: Can you find that package for $1.2 million anywhere in the immediate area or possibly in a better location? If not, it is probably a fair price. If it can be found within 10% in a better location, then the owner overshot the price and he should expect to be living there for quite some time.

Remember, informed posts are the only ones that mean anything. Uninformed posts are simply words by folks who like to sound smarter than they are.
http://larealsedated.blogspot.com

Ongoing musings about Los Angeles Real Estate and select pop-culture nuggets

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:00 am

A couple of points:

Many of us are so over flippers. It seems that they are usually well
qualified buyers and get all the fixers most of us could afford. It makes us resentful. Not to mention how much we often disagree with the choices they make. In this case value seems to have been added with basic infrastructure.

But keep in mind discontents, Realtors are bound by law, ethics, and practice
from saying certain things. They may think a vessel sink is as revolting as you do. They may think the seller is a douche bag. But they are not going to bad mouth a listing. Even if it is not theirs. It's like Hollywood, you may not like some things or some people, but you do have to work in this town. That requires holding your tongue.

So is this place anywhere near Phil Spector's ? :)

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:18 am

realsedated
Modern Groupie

Postby realsedated » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 am

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:01 am

realsedated
Modern Groupie

Postby realsedated » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:10 am

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:41 am

Yes, in various MLS databases, newspapers, internet sites, direct advertising, etc. Hopefully the exposure will reach the right buyer.

As for Alhambra, location is relative. For someone working in Alhambra or Pasadena or the San Gabriel Valley or downtown the location may be ideal...

Market disections and broader economic discussions are necessary but rarely lead to any consensus of opinion. There is an awful lot to think about, though.

AdamB
Modern Socialite

Postby AdamB » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:13 pm

Margot,

Wondering if you are planning any upcoming open houses? I'm interested in seeing the place but am not in the market to buy someplace like this right now.

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:28 pm

We are looking at dates after the holidays...once decided we will post details. Thx for asking. Happy New Year!

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:31 am

My advice to clients is to not be shy about asking questions. if the answers seem evasive or vague from the seller or his/her representative then reconsider your interest in that property.

Contracts can provide certain protections of immunity to a realtor but sellers are bound by disclosures, these are the owners obligation to reveal any defects or non permitted changes.

Happy hunting :wink:

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”