ATTENTION Real Estate Agents

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

ATTENTION Real Estate Agents

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:54 pm

IF YOU ARE AN AGENT or BROKER:
How much do you spend to advertise your properties here?
Nothing.

So when you IF YOU GET A HOT LEAD OR A SALE or if you see any kind of value at all at this website - do your karma a favor and donate a "thank you tip" back to help keep this website alive and kicking. I'm not asking for a percentage of the commission or anything "official" - just a little sumthin sumthin to keep the cocktails flowing. It is appreciated...

The MAKE A DONATION BUTTON is in the LEFT COLUMN on THE INDEX PAGE

Also, please link back to our site and encourage your clients to browse here. They will need the support if they are going to own a MCM right?
Here are some nice banner ads...
http://www.lottaliving.com/bannerads.shtml
Last edited by Futura Girl on Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:13 pm

FYI. There were some recent questions about the legality of agents making a donation to this site. Perhaps my language was not entirely correct. But overall - any donation to this site does not have to be bound to a specific real estate transaction... after all, it is technically a 'donation' not a fee of any kind.
It can simply be considered an "advertising cost."

And I just wanted to clarify it a bit further to put minds at ease...

Q 20. Can a real estate licensee pay a referral fee or finder's fee to an unlicensed person?

A No, if the resulting transaction falls under RESPA. RESPA generally prohibits a real estate agent from paying a referral fee to anyone. However, a real estate agent may give someone a token of appreciation after receiving a referral (see Question 21). Furthermore, a real estate agent may give a commission rebate to his or her client (see Question 22).

For non-RESPA transactions, such as the sale of commercial property or vacant land, California law allows a real estate agent to pay a referral fee to an unlicensed person for merely introducing a new client. If, however, the unlicensed person goes beyond arranging an introduction, such as by negotiating the terms of sale on behalf of a principal, the real estate agent may not compensate the unlicensed person for performing licensed acts (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 10138).

Q 21. Can a real estate licensee who receives a referral give the referring party a small token of appreciation?

A Yes. After a real estate licensee has received a referral, he or she may give the referring party a small token of appreciation. However, this arrangement would violate RESPA if there was a prior agreement that the referring party would receive that gift in exchange for the referral.

So what we are talking about is really just a "small token of appreciation", which is entirely legal.

I know that times are tough right now for the real estate market, but hopefully this site offers a good outlet for getting the word out about the the kinds of properties we care about saving.

Thank you for your continued support.
Last edited by Futura Girl on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 pm

P.S.
If you are posting listings for free here, at the very least, a nice link back to the forum as a resource for your clients would be a very gracious thing to do.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”