rumor of alcoa house for sale... st. louis park mn

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

rumor of alcoa house for sale... st. louis park mn

Postby happy modernists in MN » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:40 am

hi, a little birdy told me that the alcoa house in my neighborhood is going to be offered by sotheby's (sp?) soon. someone nice please buy this house!
krissy in st. louis park mn
I like pink toilets, pink kitchens, lambretta sx200's and bianchinas.

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

alcoa house price decrease!

Postby happy modernists in MN » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Yes this beauty is still for sale, and the price has dropped more than $100,000 (down to 439,900)! Like I said, someone nice buy this house and be our neighbor, like maybe someone who is friendly and has a 2 1/2 year old, drives vintage vespas & lambretta, and enjoys belgian beers...
okay i'll keep dreaming.
krissy in the slp

STLModern
Modern Master

Postby STLModern » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:46 pm

Do you have a link to the listing?

GVRanch
Modern Fan

Postby GVRanch » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Here is a link to an audio and video tour.

When you go down to the comments, you will find a link to another Alcoa house in Rochester, Mn.

This links you to the real estate listing.

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

St. Louis Park, MN Alcoa House Price Drops to $315,000

Postby happy modernists in MN » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:56 pm

http://www.sothebysrealty.com/en/Proper ... =-1&PSeq=0

This house was originally listed at $575,000 and now it's down to $315,000. This is a steal for the neighborhood it's in!

Krissy in MN

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Re: alcoa house price decrease!

Postby Joe » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:28 pm

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:45 pm

That house is nothing shy of spectacular. I so live in the wrong state. Sigh.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Someone's gotta buy this house-please! :)

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:29 pm

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:06 am

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

Mid-CenturyMike
Modern Socialite

Postby Mid-CenturyMike » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:43 pm

See the comment on my blog from someone who saw the house this past summer. She said it was in bad shape. Not sure if that is still the case.

http://moderncapital.blogspot.com/2008/ ... me-in.html

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 pm

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:20 pm

Unfortunately I can confirm it. I saw this house inside and out and it needs alot of work. The photographer was able to find the best angles of this place. It is a mess.

Some insite, the people who lived here had a large hunting dog and an 8-10 year old son, which explains the chain link dog run, the scratched floors, holes in the walls and urine smell... what the dog did to the place is anyones guess.. (I'm joking of course)

It was owned by a couple who were interested in its potential as a flipper, as she was a realtor. I believe they tried to turn the place by auctioning the place for much more than they paid. They had a reception at the house when it first went on the market and created some buzz, had it listed with Sothebys and were asking $595K. However you cannot hide the problems this house has and I think anyone who looks at this house will easily see them.

It is true that the brick is crumbling outside, the kitchen was a cheap HD redo, and the basement and bathroom tile need work. There were a number of fixes done on the cheap to get the house on the market.
None of which corrected any of the house real issues.

The main problem is with the many irreplaceable aluminum pieces that are dented, scratched, faded, or have gone missing. The place is an Alcoa house so lets face it... 10 foot custom corrugated aluminum closet doors are not easily repaired or replaced without alot of money.

When the housing market was good this house was worth about $350K for its fixer upper quality. $150K would have redone this place to immaculate condition. The rehab would have made the house worth half a mil. But at $595 it was ridiculous. No offers came in and a few months later ... "POP" went the housing bubble. Now almost a year later the place sits collecting dust

I believe the current asking price is around $315 and I would think since its been sitting for months anyone could buy the place for about $300K.
For its historical value and beauty it would be a steal, but it would need a ton of highly skilled work to restore.. The neighborhood is great and you would be within 10 minutes to downtown.

...as far as its location and all of the bugs, humidity, snow, etc.. Minneapolis St.Paul is still considered one of the Best place in the country to live (Money) or raise a family and just be healthy (Mens Health)..
so dont get me started about California and its lattes, Prop 8 and your Govenator. :)

John (husband of Krissy)
I put up with Pink everything and I prefer Vespas!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”