Palm Springs Mid Century Masterpiece!

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
photowoman68
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Palm Springs Mid Century Masterpiece!

Postby photowoman68 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 pm

My friend just completely remodeled this amazing property in Palm Springs!
It was about to be torn down by a builder, but he saved it! :)

It's position on the 1/4 acre lot is angled to take in the whole mountain range! The architecture is perfect for this too! The former owners had enclosed the carport, but he brought it back to it's former glory.
I think the landscape rivals Neutra's Koffman house.

This home is in the Tahquitz River Estates, built by Trusdale, but we have been unable to find out who the architect is. We checked with the city and could not find any record. Anyone have any ideas?

http://realestate.msn.realtor.com/searc ... =95#Detail

Just in case the link doesn't work....

852 East San Lorenzo Rd
Palm Springs, CA 92264
MLS ID# 41331548
"If you want a more interesting life, you couldn't do anything better than live within fine architecture"-John Lautner- Architect

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:08 pm

For larger pictures:

gwdiener
Modern Master

Postby gwdiener » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:18 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:39 pm

Nice photography, too. Note the set of interiors, all shot at dusk with cobalt skies balancing moody white interior spaces.

SDR

photowoman68
Modern Fan

Does anyone want to take a guess as to who the architect is?

Postby photowoman68 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:27 pm

We have continued our search to find out who the original architect is/was...Anyone want to guess?:)

gwdiener: An "new' Alexander sold two houses down with less land and not the high end design/details or security gate for just under this price. This area is being bought up by builders and is beginning to rival the Twin Palms area. Plus the views are amazing and the lots are larger in many cases. Although there are some hotels at the far end of the street, I think it has changed since you last were there. Plus you can walk to synagogue!:)(very important for some)

SDR: You are sooooo knowledgeable about MCM. Care to take a guess at who the architect is?
"If you want a more interesting life, you couldn't do anything better than live within fine architecture"-John Lautner- Architect

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Could it be Cliff May ? The ceilings, and (more specifically) the splayed/angled plan of the wings, are my reasons supporting this guess. The upward-sloped main roof would be atypical, of course.

Best wishes ! SDR
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

BOXOUTBM
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby BOXOUTBM » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 am

Tony
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Tony » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am

I haven't discovered any Killingsworth projects in Palm Springs.

Tony
Tony Merchell

Architectural Photographer
www.glassandsteel.com

photowoman68
Modern Fan

Postby photowoman68 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:59 pm

SDR: I'll investigate Cliff May more in the area. I have heard that when the walls were opened there was nothing noting Cliff May. I have seen his stamp in other homes on the 2 x 4's, but I do not know if this was his standard thing to do when a home was built. Thanks!:)

BOXOUTBM: I"ll have to look more for Kilingsworth. I haven't found anything in the area yet. Thanks!

photowoman68
Modern Fan

Palm Springs home

Postby photowoman68 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Can anyone tell me more about MCM architect, Allen Siple? Everything is pointing to him regarding this home.

I'm not sure how to upload a photo on this site or I would attach one. [/img]

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:59 pm

See: "How to load an image" on the left sidebar.
You must have the image hosted somewhere that allows off site linking.
(like flikr) Once you load pictures there, you have to bring up a page there that has a url of an individual image. Then you place that url in between the img markers. At the bottom of the main forum page is a thread just for testing. This way you can see if your images are showing up before placing them in a message in the thread you want them to show up in.

photowoman68
Modern Fan

Postby photowoman68 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 pm

Ok...

Here is the Realtor.com link. Can anyone tell me if this is an Allen Siple design? From my research, all avenues point to him.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 1106155651

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”