Modern homes in NJ

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
brownpen
Modern Groupie

Modern homes in NJ

Postby brownpen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:09 pm

I know it's a stretch, but I live in Northern NJ, and most of the homes here are colonials and victorians. Does anyone have a tip/link/suggestion regarding how to find modern home listings in this area. Thanks!

JGropp
Special Secret Modern Agent

contact the local chapter-

Postby JGropp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:55 pm

I suggest you contact the local chapter
of the American Institute of Architects

and/or better yet- DoCoMoMo's WebSite:
(click)
Jerry

Jerry Gropp Architect AIA PS

7620 SE 72nd St., Mercer Isl. WA
98040 (206)612-7367
eMail
JGropp2@AOL.com
http://jgropp2.googlepages.com/alterationsanadditions

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:24 pm

Try movemodern.com

davidk6
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Modern homes in NJ

Postby davidk6 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 pm

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

markjudep
Modern Master

Postby markjudep » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:20 am

I was shopping for a MCM home within an hour of NYC last year (I ended up in Connecticut) but I found the pickings slim in NJ. I did find one great Milton Kline (sp?) home in NJ, but it needed TONS of work. It hadn't been remodeled at all since it was built in the '50s. The cork floors were crumbling, the basement leaking etc. I found it by using the word "contemporary" in the search engines. I also had some luck with "ranch." I think real estate agents are starting to recognize "mid-century modern" as a category.

JGropp

Postby JGropp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:48 am

Jerry Gropp Architect AIA PS

7620 SE 72nd St., Mercer Isl. WA

98040 (206)612-7367

eMail

JGropp2@AOL.com

http://jgropp2.googlepages.com/alterationsanadditions

davidk6
Location: LA one month in winter and one month in summer; NJ suburbs of NYC the rest of the year

Re: Modern homes in NJ

Postby davidk6 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 am

Marxist Philosophy: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”