San Fernando Valley - Robert Tyler

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

San Fernando Valley - Robert Tyler

Postby Mr. Charlie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:44 pm

Anyone know the address for this listing on Valley Modern?...

http://www.valleymodern.com/forsale/hom ... 3&cat=600k

(Hate to say it, VM Folks, but it's kinda mean the way you don't put addresses or asking prices on your web-listings.)

I like the pictures and it could be in my price-range (assuming the "Under $1M" tag is correct.) But if it's way out west, I can't do it -- too far from the kids' school.

Thanks for any info.

--Mr. C.

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:09 pm

I agree about some realtors sites and flyers. When I was looking a few years ago I decided a a couple were so chicken do do that I would not buy their listing period. The internet has changed everything. Those that do not get on board will be left behind.

streinen
Modern Master

Postby streinen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 am

A flat lot of that size in a south of the boulevard location means it is most likely west of the 405.

Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Charlie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 am

A little bit west of the 405 I can handle. But is it west of Reseda Blvd.?

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: San Fernando Valley - Robert Tyler

Postby Stephen » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

ValleyModern
Modern Master

VM = Valley Meanies

Postby ValleyModern » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:18 pm

Last edited by ValleyModern on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craig Terrien
Deasy/Penner & Partners
www.ValleyModern.com

Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Charlie » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:42 pm

scotty
Modern Fan

Postby scotty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:37 am

I've only ever been a buyer and I've bought 3 homes. From my buyers perspective, I did as much footwork myself as possible and really never involved the realtor until I was ready to buy(in each of my 3 buys). I travel neighborhoods I'm interested in (Old town orange, Modern Palm Springs) and look for the "for sale signs". I get on mls listings that the public can get to. If it leads me to a realtors 'sign up sheet', I skip this listing. It's really the last thing I want to do is go around with a realtor looking at what they think I would like.
Some homes I would call on to get a price and further information. But usually it has been the INFORMATION FLYER posted at the for sale sign that got my attention and made me look further. Personally, I can't say enough as a buyer about this information being posted right in front of the house.

I understand, some of the super specialty homes like the one in this thread are extreme specialty homes and could be handled differently. I've always thought that if they arn't going to post the price they want for it, they are not proud of their asking price, and probably they want too much..... Just me, the buyer.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

my 2C's

Postby modfan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:17 am

Stephen
Modern Guru

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 am

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: my 2C's

Postby Stephen » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 am

Stephen Meade

and

Cliff May Homeowner

J
Modern Groupie

Postby J » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:16 pm

Or, like in our case, he doesn't put the info. in and won't tell your agent because he wants both commissions.

ValleyModern
Modern Master

wants both commissions

Postby ValleyModern » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:18 am

There are many agents out there who operate that way (always pushing for dual representation), so I understand why people are mistrustful. The listing in question is not mine though, so I have no chance of getting both commissions. Honestly, I don't care about trying to do both sides of a deal...I figure if you are my client, I'll find something for you- it doesn't have to be my listing. I always provide all info (price, address, etc.) for my own listings, however. I just can't do that for listings other than my own.

Thanks,
Craig Terrien

Deasy/Penner & Partners

www.ValleyModern.com

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”