LaCanada Flintridge, CA--post & beam home--For Sale

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jojo
Modern Fan

LaCanada Flintridge, CA--post & beam home--For Sale

Postby jojo » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:24 pm

This is not my listing. I am seeking to represent you as a buyer. Go to my blog for info and pictures.
http://postandbeamrealty.com/post_and_b ... /Blog.html
JoannSweiven | Post and Beam Real Estate
http://www.postandbeamrealestate.com
p 323 518 5534

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby egads » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 pm

jojo, Eichler was a developer, not an architect. He employed several significant ones like Robert Anshen, A. Quincy Jones, Raphael Soriano.
He is not known to have built any single houses (well a few in tracts that did not pan out, and they where in the Bay area)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Eichler

Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Charlie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Here's the redfin listing:

http://www.redfin.com/CA/La-Canada-Flin ... me/7249200

There are some nice things about the house. But the one (rear?) elevation really makes it look like a horse stable.

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:18 am

That kitchen is pretty snazzy!!!

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:11 am

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:49 am

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 am

Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:58 am

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Great house

Postby modfan » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:24 pm

But crappy description selling job, whoever listed it shoulda known better.
I guess they figured whether it's relevant or not put certain key words in
(like Eichler) so that it turns up on the applicable Google search. Seems to me just skirts the edge of deceptive advertising.

ch
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby ch » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:52 pm

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 am

Actually CH the original listing droped the names of both Eichler and Frank Lloyd Wright...

Modfan I dont the original listing "skirted" anything it was decpetive period.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 am

realtors have a code of ethics they must uphold to be licensed. I wish there was a quick and easy way to call someone on it.

I nice flat roof, post & beam a couple blocks over from me got flipped a year ago. the flipper stuck a mansard roof on it and gutted the original interior for Home Depot crap. the realtors ran ads and flyers claiming it was a Cliff May as there as 18 in the neighborhood. I called them and told them there was no way the house was a Cliff May. they said the client told them.

now the house is a crappy rental.

peterm
Modern Socialite

Postby peterm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:39 pm

space is the place

Josquin

House on Santa Inez in La Canada

Postby Josquin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I had a chance to see this house last weekend. The house was designed by Eugene Weston III and was published in the LA Times Home Magazine, February 3, 1957.

peterm
Modern Socialite

Postby peterm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:27 pm

I really like his work. He also designed wonderful furniture:

http://www.modernsandiego.com/EugeneWeston.html

What did you think of the house?
space is the place

Josquin

Santa Inez House

Postby Josquin » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:55 pm

It is being sold as a fixer. The interior, carport and landscaping need much work. Looks like no one has lived there for sometime. The house has an L shaped plan with the master bath and bedroom on the left of the foyer creating one wing and the living, dining, kitchen, three bedrooms and another bathroom united by a single hall forming the other wing. There are two patios; one off the living room and one off the dining area. There are many built-ins and ample storage for a house of this size. The house is well designed, with many sensitive features still remaining, reflecting Weston's best work of that era.

Josquin

Vintage Photos

Postby Josquin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:34 am

Top Photo: Patio off the living room with entrance in the background.
Bottom Left: dining area looking toward the kitchen.
Bottom Right: Living room fireplace.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:47 am

it's a cool house, worthy of preservation and restoration, not some trendy contempo redo for flipping.

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:13 pm

You know when I saw the listing I almost (nobody will believe me now) said it looked like Weston's work but I wimped out. I am very lucky to work in San Diego and get to see many of his projects almost daily but I will tell you the stuff he did in Tujunga and La Cresenta area is really great. Next time I speak with him I will let him know that he was apparently designing for Eichler in La Cresenta in the 50s :roll:

Josquin

Few more photos

Postby Josquin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Floor Plan
Entrance
Bedroom

Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Charlie » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:50 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”