Thomas Fleming, Wilton, CT 06883

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

markjudep
Modern Master

Thomas Fleming, Wilton, CT 06883

Postby markjudep » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:56 pm

I saw this was for sale and thought I'd post here in hopes that a Modernist fan will see it. It's a Thomas H. Fleming-designed home, three octagons (or maybe hexagons) connected. It was the cover-featured house in House and Home magazine back in the early '60s, I believe. Thomas Fleming was a sculptor who designed a lot of great mid-century modern homes in the area (Fairfield County, CT) in the '50s, '60s, and '70s (including my home). I was lucky enough to meet him and tour this house before he died last summer. His son was restoring it with care and attention to detail, but he was killed by a drunk driver. I'd love it if this home weren't razed to make room for a horrible Frankenmansion. It sits in a neighborhood with other MCM homes designed by Fleming and his brother, who worked with Noyes. The plot is really beautiful. In the right hands, this place could be a stunner. In the wrong hands, it could be another tragedy.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhom ... 1113612949

luther
Modern Master

Postby luther » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:46 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”