Laguna Beach - Historic "Hangover House" on Market

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ch
Special Secret Modern Agent
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Laguna Beach - Historic "Hangover House" on Market

Postby ch » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:55 am

Wow,

I've been wondering about this house for a long time. The 1937 house was built for doomed writer/explorer Richard Halliburton and designed by modernist architect William Alexander. Here's a rare glimpse into this little known house which appears to be in original condition down to the map in Halliburton's study.

Last edited by ch on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

POD Cast on Hangover House

Postby Josquin » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:34 pm

Here is a link to a pod cast by Ted Wells about the Hangover house.
http://twls.libsyn.com/index.php?post_i ... omments=on

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:46 pm

Well, mystery solved, I had a pal that lived very near -by and once we walked up the road late on a clear night to it's driveway, I was brave enough to go up to the house itself, it certainly did seem abandoned, and incredibly original. The photos show it to look very intact, just unbelievable considering all the changes ( in very poor taste) that Laguna Beach has tolerated. it's the most commanding vista sited as it is with a building just as compelling and yet utterly unknown.

ch

Postby ch » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

Found some new photos on Flickr:

ch

Fantastic News

Postby ch » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:09 pm

This is good news:

Does anyone know who the new owner is?

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”