Atlanta, GA - Butterfly Homes

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pete
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Atlanta, GA - Butterfly Homes

Postby Pete » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Anyone know the story behind Atlanta's mid-century butterfly homes? There's at least six of them (2 in Margaret Mitchell, 2 in Briarcliff Woods, 1 off Roswell Road, 1 in Toco Hills). They have 16" Georgia granite bricks and butterfly-and-half roofs. All have rear-entry carports, except one that (I guess) was remodeled for a front-entry garage.

Two are currently for sale, and another was sold this summer (we snagged the original sputnik lamp pre-estate sale...woot!).

$595,000
I actually saw this one during remodel a couple of years ago...was driving by and invited myself in...owner not home but the contractor showed me around.

$399,000
Very big home (5/3), limited yard. Basement damaged by flood last year. Main floor needs complete redo. Short sale under contract, but pending lender approval.

Rainier Falls - sold. List price was originally $699,000, but that was way above market for a home that needed extensive remodeling.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig. - Robert Heinlein

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 am

I know of at least 4 others - the home I live in was built by P&H Homes in 1964 (Northcrest). There's one in Embry Hills in white brick. One on Lavista Road outside the perimeter. One on Stonington Rd in Dunwoody - I'm sure there are many others.

-- John
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”