Atlanta GA - $65,000 MCM foreclosure

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Pete
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Atlanta GA - $65,000 MCM foreclosure

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

549 Fielding Lane, Atlanta GA 30311.

Yep. $65,000 for 3/2 with finished basement on 1/2+ lot. Not a good part of town, though.

Sorry folks -- I already asked the listing agent if I could buy the sputnik lamp. I even offered to replace it with a shiny new chandelier. He said no way, fixtures must stay with the house.

See listing for lots of pictures.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig. - Robert Heinlein

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:22 pm

Nice. I clicked on the "map" and got sad as I backed out. Definitely not a good area. But when clicking to bird's-eye view, it looks like that particular little n'hood is still pretty decent. Did you see the place caddy-corner across the street, with what looks like four barrel-vaulted sections?
1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Pete
Modern Groupie

Postby Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 am

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and it annoys the pig. - Robert Heinlein

Pete
Modern Groupie

Neighborhood pics

Postby Pete » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:35 am

Some interesting finds...

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:28 pm

Nice finds! The landscaping looks a but long in the tooth, but the houses otherwise look to be well-maintained and original. It's time for outreach -- those folks need to have a home tour!!
1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Pete
Modern Groupie

Postby Pete » Mon May 02, 2011 5:53 am

The barrel-roof home is huge, looks like it spreads across two lots. No one living there now, but you get the feeling this home hosted some pretty swanky parties in the 1960s.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”