Ojai, CA. Walker Residence, 1959. Reduced by $1M!

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ojai, CA. Walker Residence, 1959. Reduced by $1M!

Postby scowsa » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:18 pm

"While the designs of Rodney’s three Case Study residences are internationally known and celebrated today, his personal residence in Ojai remains virtually unknown, even though those who do know the work acknowledge the creation as his most significant."

Last edited by scowsa on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scowsa

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:41 pm

All I can say is...Wow! It seems to defy gravity, until you take a look at the construction images. It's awesome, thanks for the post!

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

rglater
Modern Socialite

Re: Ojai, CA. Walker Residence, 1959. $3,995,000

Postby rglater » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:49 am

I grew up here, well, not here but in Ojai. Looking back through a more educated eye there was quite a range of MCM from our ranch to the upscale homes of the Arbolada and the even more impressive East End homes. I had friends whose families had money and, "to die for" comes to mind.
Richard Dietzel
gabh an latha
Eugene, OR

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:22 pm

LA Curbed has an update on this as it is not selling.

Update includes 40 photos.

scowsa

rglater
Modern Socialite

Wilson Residence

Postby rglater » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 am

I just found out my Debate Team coach in high school was the son of the architect and grew up there. He says the restoration was really well done.

It will be in the next issue of Modernism magazine.
Richard Dietzel

gabh an latha

Eugene, OR

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”