Los Angeles. The Kimmelman Residence, 1957. $1.465M

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Los Angeles. The Kimmelman Residence, 1957. $1.465M

Postby scowsa » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:23 pm

"Philip Kimmelman served as Chief Project Architect for numerous Welton Becket structures, some of them LA icons, for 40 years. His Pasadena Bullocks remains a landmark among department stores."

scowsa

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:45 am

I love that house! And what amazing condition. Love all the operable jalousie windows.

Although a much larger and upscale home, the front view kinda reminds me of some of A. Quincy Jones work on the Mutual Housing Association project (1947 Brentwood 'Los Angeles' CA), which I also loved...

MHA...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/88017382@N00/4686258291/

Kimmelman Residence...
http://crosbydoeproperties.com/8973wond ... ntro/1.jpg

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

jonu
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Location: Franklin Hills (Los Feliz), LA CA and Palm Springs CA

Open House November 13th

Postby jonu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 am

There is an open house November 13th from 1pm to 4pm.
-Jon

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:44 am

Absolutely beautiful wow, I'm in love :love:
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Mr. Charlie
Modern Socialite

Postby Mr. Charlie » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Redfin says a sale is pending. You just KNEW it wouldn't last long. Congrats to the new owners. Here's hoping they treat it right.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Angeles/89 ... me/7123228

factory50
Modern Fan

Postby factory50 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Was at the open house last week and the house looked amazing! Lucky new owners will be 7 houses down from Case Study House #21.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”