Chatsworth, CA. "Farralone" 1951. Pereira & Lu

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Chatsworth, CA. "Farralone" 1951. Pereira & Lu

Postby scowsa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:39 pm

Some of you will remember a discussion a while back about whether real estate listings should be separated into two groups -- prices within reach of LoL folks and "too expensive but we like to look at."

This is at the very top end of the latter category. However, the website claims "the estate NETS between $500,000-$2M per year from movie location filming" so that will help towards the mortgage.

Pereira & Luckman designed the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Kennedy Center, The Transamerica Pyramid building in San Francisco and the master plan for the City of Beverly Hills.
Last edited by scowsa on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
scowsa

rglater
Modern Socialite

Re: Chatsworth, CA. "Farralone" 1951. Pereira &

Postby rglater » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Richard Dietzel
gabh an latha
Eugene, OR

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:23 pm

1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

rglater
Modern Socialite

Postby rglater » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 am

[/quote]It was on Californication. It's the house of the producer who was in love with Marcy.[/quote]

Of course! And I'm sure lots of scrawny models have had their photos taken with it in the background. I think the Walker Residence where I grew up would be very cool for movies, photo shoots.

I was a collector of A&C and still appreciate their beauty (I am keeping the shingle off Stickley's roof. I sold all my back issues of American Bungalow and had to stop myself from rereading them.
Richard Dietzel

gabh an latha

Eugene, OR

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”