Brentwood, CA. Rodney Walker, 1947. $1,075,000

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brentwood, CA. Rodney Walker, 1947. $1,075,000

Postby scowsa » Sat May 05, 2012 10:00 am

" Rodney Walker (a Rudolph Schindler protégé) was the only architect/team responsible for more than two of the Case Study Houses actually built (CSH #s 16, 17 & 18). So compelling is Walker’s design of this classic, one-story Mid-Century Modern home that it served as the personal residence of A. Quincy Jones."

scowsa

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sat May 05, 2012 11:07 am

What an awesome place! And in amazing condition. Interesting footnote, regarding it being AQJ's residence.

I really like that drop ceiling effect, with the lighting above it. What wood is that, I wonder?

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Mod' i-fy
Modern Master

Postby Mod' i-fy » Tue May 08, 2012 12:57 pm

Yes a very very nice spot, for such a small foot print the the use of space looks very comfy and inviting. Its all that a couple and one child would really need. I sure could live happily in that space.
"Where words cease modern speaks" - Mod' i-fy

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”