Granada Hills California - Eichler for Sale Just Hit MLS

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

guintogreg
Modern Groupie

Granada Hills California - Eichler for Sale Just Hit MLS

Postby guintogreg » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Located in the Historic Preservation Overlay Zone of Balboa Highlands in Granada Hills, this iconic Mid Century Modern Eichler is ready to be sold! This is truly an entertainer s home complete with a huge ultra modern kitchen, large living area with gas fireplace, private patio areas, built-in surround sound, and a welcoming formal dining room. Enjoy the hot summer days in your geometric shaped pool and take in the mountain views provided by the elevated corner lot. Other features include: spacious bedrooms, renovated bathrooms, post and beam construction, walls of glass, flat commercial grade foam roof, and desert landscaping to name a few. Joseph Eichler teamed up with architect Claude Oakland and created this unique layout, which is one of the few floor plans where the atrium is located in the middle of the home and not part of the entrance. There is possibility for additional income since these types of homes have been commonly sought after and featured in movies, commercials and print ads if you choose to register with a location agency. These homes can be a source of inspiration. Steve Jobs childhood Eichler home had inspired the simple and sleek designs we now see in his Apple products. Come and see for yourself, the pictures do not do this home justice. Go to www.preservation.lacity.org/node/466 to see possible tax benefits for owning a home in the Historic Preservation Overlay Zone. Check out the photos and video at www.gregguinto.com
Last edited by guintogreg on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Postby Poconomod » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 pm

JJHUNSECKER
Modern Fan

Postby JJHUNSECKER » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 am

Nice one. I wonder if living in Granada Hills is a little isolated and far out of town though... Maybe the schools are good though? Very nice.

guintogreg
Modern Groupie

Postby guintogreg » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:15 am

They do have great schools in the area. Located with easy access to 405, 118 and the 5 freeways, you can get around the city with ease. Open house Sunday June 24th 1-4pm. Come see for yourself.

Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Postby Poconomod » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Sold already but here's another Eichler in the same neighborhood and it just hit the MLS today...

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Granada-Hills/ ... me/5560019

guintogreg
Modern Groupie

Just previewed it.

Postby guintogreg » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:12 pm

This home is amazing!! Corner lot, tremendous views and the master bedroom and master bath is ridiculous!! If you would like to take a closer look let me know so I can schedule and appointment for you. No open house this weekend but the sellers are very cooperative and motivated. Greg 818-723-9373.

Luka
Modern Master

Postby Luka » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:49 am

It is isolated but charming in its own way. Very peaceful area but yes, you'll have a hard time convincing your friends to come all the way out here and you'll hear lots of people saying "we're nearly to Magic Mountain!"

Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Postby Poconomod » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 pm

For a place which is supposed to be a bit isolated, it's location sure didn't have any adverse effect on the sale of those two Eichlers. Each one lasted less than a week on the MLS before being scooped! No surprise from me though, the Granada Hills Eichler tract looks like a totally gorgeous neighborhood, and having an Eichler with mountain views seems like the icing on the cake!

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Yes, the Granada Hills Eichler track is on the northern edge of Los Angeles. But it is not so isolated that your friends won't drop in for a good party. Plus, you will make even more new friends with all of your great new neighbors.
I'm gonna keep on the run... I'm gonna have me some fun if it costs me my very last dime.
If I wind up broke up, well, I'll always remember that I had a swingin' time

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:04 am

"Isolated" is in the eye of the beholder. Door-to-door, it's a ten minute drive from me, and my neighborhood sure isn't "isolated."

Maybe it's too far for your hipster friends in Silver Lake to ride their fixies to. But that's probably a good thing. ;)
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner
Perkins Realty Group

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

2nd listing

Postby modfan » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Yup I peeked in (the back sgd was unlocked) when it was for sale a while back in the original condition and it was atrocious, and it looked like an unpermitted garage addition did they revert it back to a garage. This was originally a 5 br model and the made the MBR larger by adding br5 to the MBR. The owners did a remarkable job of bringing this one back. Altho I have issue with the planter at the front the masonry is cracked and seems that it should be fixed, perhaps they did so. Overall this one's a keeper.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”