Oceanside, CA 1963 $285,000

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Oceanside, CA 1963 $285,000

Postby Poconomod » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

As an ever struggling artist/musician type, who loves modern architecture, finding a property like this inspires fantasies of living a bohemian-modern lifestyle. Living in a beach community with a very temperate climate (average highs, 71 summer and 63 winter... wow!). Which means not spending a lot on heating and/or cooling. Paying a super low $1,700/year in property taxes (another wow!). And the house itself which is a really nice and affordable ($285,000) Eichleresque MCM with a wall of glass looking out onto a private courtyard in the front and another wall of glass looking out to a private fenced in yard in the back. Seems like it'd be perfect for someone... someone who thinks like me, that is!

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Oceanside/128- ... me/3305446

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 am

Oh wow, how cool is that? Most of the homes in that neighborhood don't seem to have held up all that well, or to have been maintained in mostly-original condition...so this one is definitely a delight to see.

(The eventual buyer can unfortunately expect to pay much more than $1700 per annum in taxes, as in California they property would be reassessed upon sale.)
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”