Los Angeles, CA. Singleton House, Neutra, 1959. Now sold!!

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scowsa
Modern Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Los Angeles, CA. Singleton House, Neutra, 1959. Now sold!!

Postby scowsa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Owned and renovated by Vidal Sassoon, who died earlier this year.

Featured in Architectural Digest

"“My whole work, beginning in the late 1950s, came from the Bauhaus,” explains Vidal, whose geometric, easy-maintenance cuts sparked a revolution in hair."

Last edited by scowsa on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scowsa

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:55 am

One of my favorite Neutras! I have a bunch of images of it on file, before and after renovation. But the photos on the links you provided blow them away. Beautiful photos. But what a price tag..ouch!

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:59 pm

From today's Wall St Journal

French luxury goods magnate François Pinault paid $16.5 million for a 6,400-square-foot home in Bel Air, an exclusive section of Los Angeles, according to two people close to the deal. The seller was Ronnie Sassoon, widow of hair industry tycoon Vidal Sassoon.
scowsa

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”