Riverside, CA Clinton Marr 1955 $289,900

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Riverside, CA Clinton Marr 1955 $289,900

Postby Poconomod » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:38 pm

Very nice and very affordable MCM by Riverside modern architect Clinton Marr. Great location for a devout modernist who would like to live an hour from L.A. and an hour from Palm Springs.

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/4566 ... me/4948681

If you'd like to see more of his work, here's the listing for his own Riverside home which was on the market fairly recently and sold for only $540,000...

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Riverside/6816 ... me/5019113

home_boy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby home_boy » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 am

You know, when you look at so many of the properties listed in the Mid Century Real Estate section of Lotta Living, most of them with seven figure price tags are really unattainable for most readers. Sure it's fun to fantasize, but here's one that probably anyone could afford. It's nice to see more affordable houses like this one featured here.

Poconomod
Modern Socialite

Postby Poconomod » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:51 pm

My feeling exactly. The whole point of the case study program was innovative and affordable housing. My favorite modern homes are the ones that are modest in size like the Stahl House. Of course that would fetch a pretty penny these days but point being that modernism should be about style and taste and not merely about deep pockets. This Clinton Marr pad is a killer modern home that almost anyone could afford :)

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”