Sherman Oaks, CA - $669k - Designed by Richard Neutra

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan_Estately
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sherman Oaks, CA - $669k - Designed by Richard Neutra

Postby Ryan_Estately » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 am

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:52 am

Whoever did this to a Richard Neutra should be ashamed of themselves.....what a mess.

I'd also argue that what is posted here was not designed by Richard Neutra

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:47 pm

As a "fixed up" modern house in Sherman Oaks it's not bad. A Neutra it's not and never was. It is not listed in Appendix B of Thomas Hines book: Richard Neutra and the Search for Modern Architecture. At least not in my 1982 edition. It could be related by being by his son or someone else working (or had worked) in the Neutra office.

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

The story I was told on the "Miesianesque" Modern minimalist box cantelievered homes that hang over Beverly Glen canyon - on Oakfield Drive were indeed originally conceptually designed by Richard Neutra. However, before they were originally built and sold back in the 1960s, there were disagreements with the developer about how they were to be constructed. Neutra disowned the project and/or asked for his name to be removed from the homes.

After the '94 earthquake - I believe that at least one fell down the hill!!! Perhaps Neutra knew something was amiss.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 am

what a shame. not much Neutra left in this one :?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:10 pm

there are walls of glass and some beams visible.
honestly - most of them don't even look this clean. this looks actually salvageable compared to many others :|

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”