looking for mid-mod apartment in L.A. area

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PatioDaddyO
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

looking for mid-mod apartment in L.A. area

Postby PatioDaddyO » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:34 am

retrocool
Modern Master

Downey Haslots of those apartments

Postby retrocool » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:00 pm

Member Downey Historical Society,
President - The Downey Conservancy
Aerospace Legacy Foundation Board Member
President - Downey Museum of Art

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:51 pm

this is a pretty broad question and i am moving it to the residential discussion forum... (and deleting the duplicate post)

if you're commuting to Glendale - it's pretty central so you can live just about anywhere... L.A. is a very big city and it all depends on what "reasonable commute" means to you... i mean i know cool tiki apartments in reseda and northridge, but it could be considered a haul for some? and there are dingbat apts ALL over this city.

you might want to describe the kind of neighborhood you're looking for? some people will live in a great building with nothing around but commerical corridors or mini malls. others insist on having a little walkable shoppping community with coffee houses nearby.

also - what kind of budget will you have? that determines alot where you can live in l.a.

do a search on 'rent' here and see what other discussions have already come forth. i think there have been a few others?
Last edited by Futura Girl on Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

designmatters
Modern Fan

1962 modern building being renovated- will rent soon.

Postby designmatters » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:02 pm

Hi,

There is a modern apartment building on Olympic in the Mid-city area (Just south of Park La Brea) which is under new ownership and is undergoing an extensive renovation.

The building was neglected by previous owners, but the new owners are committed to restoring the exterior, renovating the lobby & halls, and are refurbishing units as they become available.

There are two units (2+2) currently under renovation and will be available by August 1st. These units are the nicest in the building and have views of downtown LA. Another two units (also 2+2) are about to begin renovation and will be available in September.

Contact me for more information or contact MCM property management at (323) 951-0400.

Thanks!

mtwall
Modern Master

Postby mtwall » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:56 pm

About 2 weeks ago (I know, I know, probably too late) I was driving down Chevy Chase in Glendale and saw a for rent sign for an apartment in a very cool looking tiki apartment building.

It's probably gone now, but if you can, drive the area to see if anything new has come up. A lot of the owners/managers of smaller buildings don't bother to advertise so if you can get to the area and see it first, you'll have a better chance of getting something great. :wink:

PatioDaddyO
Modern Groupie

thanks

Postby PatioDaddyO » Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:42 am

I am still waiting to hear about the job, so let the replies continue-- I plan to investigate all leads. Thanks!

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”