Atlanta, GA. Ken Johnson's 1956 Zwecker House

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Panton-ite
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Atlanta, GA. Ken Johnson's 1956 Zwecker House

Postby Panton-ite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:11 am

We will be listing our Ken Johnson home for sale in the coming weeks. If anyone in the Atlanta area is interested in seeing it before it hits the MLS, please send me a private message. Of the few homes he designed, this is the first one he did for someone other than himself. We bought the house from the Zwecker family and have done a total restoration in the spirit of the original design. I have spoken with Ken many times and even re-painted the house in the colors that he would have used originally, as opposed to the colors the Zweckers chose.

For more on Ken Johnson, visit the Docomomo GA website:
http://www.docomomoga.org/Kenneth_Johns ... isite.html

Panton-ite
Modern Socialite

Postby Panton-ite » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:04 pm

Here is the official listing:

classic form
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby classic form » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:33 am

I'm not familiar with the architect but the original colors he would have chosen for the house were white?

Panton-ite
Modern Socialite

Postby Panton-ite » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:59 am

I was speaking of the exterior colors. The exterior of the house was blue (not a good blue), and almost every room inside the house was blue at some point. The architect told me that when the original owners insisted on painting the house blue, he never went back. The exterior colors are now what the architect intended.

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 am

http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

rglater
Modern Socialite

Repost

Postby rglater » Sat May 03, 2014 9:57 am

I hope this isn't obnoxious but I assume this is okay as it promotes both Lotta Living and the property itself.

I reposted this to the MCM real estate page on Face Book. Drop by and post your finds or listings.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MCMRealEstate/

Our 350th member gets some bit of MCM ephemera/objét, so far I've gifted, design magazines, cookbooks, airline flatware and I am trying to figure out what's next.

We welcome posts from professionals and from us Lookie-Lou's.
Richard Dietzel
gabh an latha
Eugene, OR

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”