ALL POST NOT STARTING WITH city AND state WILL BE DELETED!!!

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

ALL POST NOT STARTING WITH city AND state WILL BE DELETED!!!

Postby Futura Girl » Sat May 14, 2005 3:32 pm

This forum however is strictly dedicated to the real estate aspect of Modern Living.

1) Put the City and State in the SUBJECT LINE of your initial post
That will help everyone find stuff in the cities they want.
EVERY POST Should BEGIN with City/Area and state, like this:
    Ambler, PA - Rare midcentury apartment for rent.
    South Orange County, CA - Looking for a nice home
    Bay Area, CA - Anyone know of a trustworthy Eichler agent?
The rules are easy... SO I am going to take a hard line approach here - ANY post in the Real Estate forum that does not adhere to the very simple request to start it with the City, State will be deleted PERIOD. I don't care if the house is cool or if there are a zillion replies. I'm not asking for rocket science - just City, State FIRST.

2) CLEAR SUBJECT LINES PLEASE:
Please Make sure your SUBJECT LINE IS SPECIFIC - i.e. are you LOOKING FOR SOMETHING? it something FOR SALE? For RENT? Just please try to be descriptive in your subject line so it's easy for everyone to scan quickly.

3) IF YOU ARE AN AGENT or BROKER:
a) LINK BACK TO THIS SITE!!! This is a free service to you - so do the right thing and link back, okay?
Here are some nice banner ads for ya...

http://www.lottaliving.com/bannerads.shtml

b) Please make sure the homes you advertise here are of a Mid Century Modern style or influence. (Yes, newer construction is acceptable as long as it is MidMod in style.) If you are unsure of what that means, do a little research before posting. There are lots of great pictures in our Residential picture gallery.
http://www.lottaliving.com/gallery/residential
Posts that do not comply with this WILL BE DELETED and you may be banned from future postings.

c) WE ARE ON A HONOR SYSTEM HERE:
Being that you get to advertise for free here - where you would normally have to pay much more elsewhere, IF YOU GET A HOT LEAD OR A SALE from this website - do your karma a favor and donate a "thank you finder's fee" back to help keep this website alive and kicking.

d) TRY TO GROUP LISTINGS TOGETHER
i.e. please try not to make a separate post for each and every single home. And absolutely do not relist a home more than one time (that is SPAM and will be deleted and is potential grounds for dismissal from the board). Instead try to group more than one similar listing by type or geographic region. Basically, I would rather not see a ton of single listings here with 0 responses.
For instance, if there is a recent thread already in existence about Homes for sale in Los Angeles - Add your listing to the end of that thread as opposed to starting a whole new thread.

Thanks for your help in making this an easy place for people to read and learn about Modernism.
~Your Moderators
Last edited by Futura Girl on Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Mon May 16, 2005 11:00 am

As a regular reader of this site and particulary this section, let me offer my thanks and support to our our moderator.
1. Because these sites only exist and work because of such folks.
2. Because clear subject lines make it a lot easier to browse. Sometimes you have to open a posting and then a link only to find out it's something you already knew about or had little interest in.

Thanks again.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”