Eichler for sale in T.O.

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bananabobs
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Eichler for sale in T.O.

Postby bananabobs » Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:41 pm

A Eichler just came on the market, on Fordham in Thousand Oaks, of Lynn Road, I will try to get by and get info this weekend. Inventory of homes here is small, so prices sre high...

morbank
Modern Master

Postby morbank » Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:39 am

from my understanding, the layout is very unique and perhaps the only one of its kind in the TO tract? a 3 bdrm. from the outside it looks to have much deferred maintenance. however, the inside is supposed to be quite original and very promising. there is probably quite a bit of restoration work, as is usually needed in these older homes. good luck to any potential buyers!

idezine
Modern Groupie

Eichler in T.O.

Postby idezine » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:31 am

Don't bother going by.... the place is a dump!!!!
At least $50K worth repair needed and its priced way out of range!!!

Sit this one out! :cry:

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Mar 25, 2003 12:55 am

I haven't seen this home - so I don't know of its dumpiness :?
but i do know that anyone buying a Modern home - even one in pristine original condition, there is always more work to do!!!
We can vouch for that first hand... Home ownership is extremely rewarding, but always costly!

bananabobs
Modern Master

Postby bananabobs » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:07 am

Hah! Even thou I posted the first notice, I have not seen the place, been swamped! I will say that ANYTHING in Thousand Oaks is going up at rate over 10% a month, there is no inventory of any kind here, much less a home with some historical or architectural significance. That neighborhood is overall beautiful, close to everything, and on and on. My point; if it’s a “dumpâ€￾ that means it’s a deal, or you can make it a deal, (get lemons? make lemonade) Its up to you! I am a contractor/property inspector here and what I would not pay $200m last year is over $400m this year, people are buying houses before they are listed for 15 to 20% over asking! If a house is on the market and not moving its because it was over priced to begin with and if you want the house, get a good realtor who will have you in position to nail it when it hits your price. My last thought…â€￾A dump you say! In Thousand Oaks? …I don’t dink so Lucyâ€￾

LB
Modern Groupie

Postby LB » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:48 am

One mans dump is another mans project. Our Eichler might have appeared a dump to some when it was on the market. We saw the potential and bought it on the spot. It is all a matter of what one is willing to take on.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”