Los Angeles, CA: 2 mind-blowing MCMs

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bitzala
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Los Angeles, CA: 2 mind-blowing MCMs

Postby bitzala » Sun May 21, 2006 9:21 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Mon May 22, 2006 3:39 pm

kjansma
Modern Master

Postby kjansma » Mon May 22, 2006 3:46 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Mon May 22, 2006 4:56 pm

Yummy -- thank you. Yeah, whoever produces thses slide shows is doing a great job; it's undoubtedly the best photography of any in the real estate biz.
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

bitzala
Modern Master

Postby bitzala » Tue May 23, 2006 8:55 am

Joe-- The Chatanooga one is my favorite too!

kjansma-- you are right. The first one is brand new, but built in MCM tradition. The other one, known as "the steel house", was built in 1960.

SDR, Jan Eric Horn, the realtor listed at the top, is the one who told me about these links. He specializes in architectural real estate and hires an architectural photographer for all the homes he sells. It sure makes a big difference.

Jan told me that he "invented" :wink: architectural real estate... and that he lectures all over the world on architecture and real estate. He said that he approached the owners of Lautner's Wolff house, 30+ years ago and told them he hoped to be able to help them sell their house, when they were ready. They kept his number and called him last year and he sold it. (It's been sold twice, since last year.) Jan said he's sold 6 Lautneres during the course of his career.

I called Jan, after looking at the Wolff house, posted on another thread. http://www.thewolffhouse.com . I loved the chairs in the dining room and wanted to know who designed them. (They kind of look like the Orbit chair, but, rounder at the top.) Does anyone have any clue?

Jan said the houses he sells are all staged, so he referred me to the company that does the staging... he wasn't sure who did the chairs.

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue May 23, 2006 9:20 am

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Tue May 23, 2006 9:31 am

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue May 23, 2006 4:25 pm

MoneyPitModern
Modern Master

Postby MoneyPitModern » Tue May 23, 2006 4:34 pm

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Tue May 23, 2006 5:11 pm

modfanatic
Modern Fan

Mystery dining chairs

Postby modfanatic » Tue May 23, 2006 10:59 pm

Joe
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby Joe » Wed May 24, 2006 12:26 pm

bitzala
Modern Master

Postby bitzala » Wed May 24, 2006 10:27 pm

Thank you, MPM-- I can see that the Ant chair is the inspiration behind both the Orbit and the Wolff chairs. (Only distinction is the squared detail at the bottom of Ant's back.) Any clue about the table? We're looking for a similar table (parsons-esque), but with wood on top and maybe metal on the bottom.

modfanatic-- the Infinity chair sure does look like the closest match to the images on the Wolff site. Sadly, upon closer inspection, I'm not so thrilled with the "paint job". Hoping for a molded plywood chair with gorgeous grain, like the Eames' DCW or even the Orbit, if you get a close-up look. (Wonder why the DCW is only $500 and Lovegrove's knock-off is $787?) http://www.plushpod.com/item_157.php#

SDR: Plkfs ofjmd ! Ljd eu smkwj jiiami. . . ? I'm intrigued. I like your ideas for more organic pieces.

Joe-- agree with you on the yabba dabba part. The Wolff house really boggles my mind.

kandersen
Modern Master

Postby kandersen » Thu May 25, 2006 5:18 am

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Thu May 25, 2006 6:16 am

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”