Nashville, TN MCM Custom Built Ranch on Cumberland River

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nashville, TN MCM Custom Built Ranch on Cumberland River

Postby happy modernists in MN » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:20 pm

We're selling our home and moving to Minnesota due to a career change. Our house is not on the MLS yet, it should be by about August 1st. Asking price is $299,500. Interested parties can email me at Vespass180@aol.com It is a custom built ranch in the shape of a lollypop, imagine a classic ranch with a large round room on one end. It was custom designed in 1964 and completed in 1968 by a private builder who built a number of custome homes in the area. Its a 3 bedroom and 3 bath one level ranch with a crawl space and a finished basement. There are 2944 total square feet (2300 up, 644 down) on 1.1 acres in a quiet cul-de-sac. The home is located in Gallatin, Tennessee, commuting distance to downtown Nashville and recently featured in Kiplingers magazine as as a top place to live. There is a magnificent & dynamic view of the Cumberland River (Old Hickory Lake) and the 109 Bridge looking out the various full length windows and patios of our house.
I have about 70 pictures of the house at this link, some are from the spring and don't reflect a number of updates and more will be added when we are done working on the kitchen:

Here are some features: 3 car carport, RV or Boat port, patio off of living room, patio off of master bedroom, new Ikea kitchen with new stainless Frigidaire refrigerator & Bosch dishwasher, Interface flor throughout house, sputnik & bubble lights, new ac & furnace 2005, new gutters & partial roof, updated plumbing and electrical throughout the house, very private setting in which you don't need curtains on most of the full length windows, fenced in garden and dog run, very cool bathrooms (mix of vintage with new modern), new 22 foot long workbench in basement, 2 beautiful, brick round woodburning fireplaces, 12 full length windows plus 4 sets of sliding full length sliding doors in house, new front door and kitchen door with full light windows, built in surround speaker system and cable hook-ups for flat screens, indirect lighting in formal living room, in floor heating in 2 bathrooms, lights in all closets automatically go on when the doors are opened, cool screen block & brickwork in patio off of living room, heating & ac system has 4 inch filters and UV light purifier, many blooming trees in yard, and a great variety of birds, including hummingbirds, cardinals, eastern towhee, juncos, indigo buntings, bluebirds, bluejays, house finches, mockingbirds, cowbirds, robins, chickadees, wrens, titmice, pileated, downy, & red bellied woodpeckers, northern flickers, & doves. ...you can see I've become a bird watcher..

Close to 109, which is going to be expanded to 4 lane soon, and also close to new commuter train The Nashville Star which will run from Lebanon ( just south of Gallatin) into downtown Nashville.

Gallatin is a growing community with a lot of new construction, shopping and good schools.

We will be listing it with a realtor soon but if you are interested please let us know.

Kris
I like pink toilets, pink kitchens, lambretta sx200's and bianchinas.

bitzala
Modern Master

Postby bitzala » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:37 pm

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:49 pm

thanks for the compliments! now if we could only sell it fast....
up north is calling
kristin

retrotravelgirl
Modern Socialite

Postby retrotravelgirl » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:48 pm

Ah...the house is gorgeous! I love your Kroehler Rotor chairs...where are you moving if you don;t mind me asking?

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:56 pm

Hello, our house is officially on the market now, you can view it at the following link

It's MLS number 789032

The first showing is Saturday

Tomorrow we are on our way to Duluth!
I'll have to change my username, NO LONGER "LONELY MODERNISTS IN TENNESSEE"

Someone cool please buy my house!
Kristin

Sugar
Modern Socialite

Postby Sugar » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:39 pm

Putting the "mental" in Ornamental....

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

Postby happy modernists in MN » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:36 pm

hi sugar!
just to let you know, the house has been on the market for a week now, there are some people interested, but no one has made us an offer yet.
private message me if you want to call me!
kristin

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:29 am

darn it all - i wish i had seen this thread earlier - we drove through nashville sunday night.
oh well :(

much luck on getting your home into the hands of another Modernist with a capital M.

robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby robbhouston » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:17 am

Hi Kristin. Sorry to hear your leaving Nashville. I guess our already small MCM enthusiest crowd will be shrinking a bit.... :(

According to the MLS, your place is still on the market. I had a couple of folks contact me thru my own website looking for MCM homes in and around Nashville. I'll direct them to your property.

Good luck with your career opportunity... :)

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:56 am

A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Top Fuel
Modern Groupie

Postby Top Fuel » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:36 am

Thanks for trying Robb, we appreciate it! We had a number of folks interested in the place but the offers came in too low.
We just found a buyer who seems more interested in just the location.

When you work as hard as we did to bring a house back to life, you want it to sell to the right folks. When it came down to it though, finacially, we could not hold on forever. So...

Remember it is Tennessee... we were the minority in a world of colonial McMansions with white rockers on the porch. :(

We did negotiate to get the Nelson lights and the Sputnik lights back as they thought they looked to dated.

Keep the faith down there!

Its good to be in Minnesota! :cheers:

John
"Have a good time. All the time!" - Viv Savage

eekahil
Modern Fan

Hi Tennessee past, present, future

Postby eekahil » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi
My SO is in Nashville as we write, looking around Nashville.
There's a possibility we may ber moving thataway.

I'm plesed to find this thread, glad to find nashvillemodern.com!

Lonely: have you sold your cooool house yet?

What did you find in MN?

Isn't this site the mostest? Little streamlined lights in vast bland wilderness; nice to be able to locate fellow travellers.
:wink: :cheers:

happy modernists in MN
Modern Socialite

goodbye tennessee, hello minneapolis!

Postby happy modernists in MN » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:54 pm

hi eekahil, thanks for the post...

good luck finding a house in nashville, there are a lot of 5t's houses on the north side (gallatin, hendersonville, madison) along the river (they dammed the cumberland in the 5t's and it seems many houses were built after that).

we closed on the sale of our TN house on friday, we came down on price a bit and it was on the market since august 1st. since moving north we found another gem! we're unloading our second pod as we type. it's in st. louis park, MN. a first ring suburb of minneapolis, really close to downtown & uptown, has an award winning school district (we have a 10 month old) and in a neighborhood filled with liberal folk, (including Al Franken & The Coen Bros.) and families with young kids, MCMs & 5t's grandma houses. we bought one of the latter, a three bedroom, 2 bath with pink tile and a 3rd bath roughed in the 2.5 car garage, unheard of in MN, but great cause i'm a plumber. the kitchen is all original oak with pink appliances and a cool brown & pink formica countertop, great HW floors, 2 tasteful wb fireplaces, a big enough yard and an original 3 season porch, with really cool aluminum storm/screens, and cool original pella casement windows. the house has all of its original lighting and doorknobs. the owners even kept all the manuals for the wall oven and cooktop. we're psyched! i gotta change my user name!
here are some bad pix, ...staged by the seller, but you get the idea..

(look at st. louis park)

so glad that this is almost done! how stressful it is selling your house, moving, looking for work...
kristin, john and modesty

Sugar
Modern Socialite

Postby Sugar » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:31 am

I'm so happy for you!!!!

We close on our new house in Nashville (Brentwood) on November 15th... slim pickens in THAT area. We settled on a contemporary that has "Lloyd Wrightian" overtones.... built in 1964.

That said, I can't believe we're leaving our California Ranch-style Rambler.

Best of luck; your new jewel in MN sounds charming!
Putting the "mental" in Ornamental....

64Cat
Modern Socialite

Postby 64Cat » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:50 pm

Welcome to the north fellow southerner. This is a great area of the country. I been here six years from SC and the summers are awesome. The winters ,well, the don't call it herd thinning cold for nothing. The first snow is beautiful. Really really only bad during a couple of weeks in Jan-Feb. Love the pink appliances. Wish my house had that cool/original of a kitchen.

Karl

http://homepage.mac.com/kmadcharo/PhotoAlbum2.html

robbhouston

Postby robbhouston » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:58 am

lonely modernists in TN: Congrats on the sale of your Nashville home, and on your find in St Louis. Cool place. Love those original light fixtures! Coincidentally, I've been cooresponding a bit with someone in St. Louis. From the photos he's posted, it seems there are definitely some cool MCM places in that area. Best of luck in your new home.

Sugar: Congrats on your Nashville/Brentwood home purchase! It's true, Brentwood is not as easy a place to find a MCM home as in other parts around Nashville. But despite that, there are some cool houses there. I actually put a few of them in the gallery on my website (link below my signature) a few months back. I'm North of Nashville in Madison. It's always nice to find other folks in my area interested in mid-century modernism. Please post some photos of your new place whenever you have the chance. It sounds great!

--Robb

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”