Los Feliz LA CA 1964

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Los Feliz LA CA 1964

Postby Nathan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:15 pm

http://itech.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqisp ... DooscBc%3D

Has some nice features...it better, for 670@sf.

googie2525
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby googie2525 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:03 pm

...good lord, that's crazy high-priced! i just can't figure out how you folks in california are able to afford these places, i mean, i make good money in texas and i get sticker shock in my own neck-of-the-woods, but these LA-area prices are absolutely mind-boggling! are all you guys just silly loaded with cash? i'm completely baffled.

Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Nathan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:39 am

We're all dressed like Capitalist Guy from Monopoly and sitting on cash-filled laundry bags that we've sharpied dollar signs onto...well, no. If there's an economic downturn, there's gonna be a lot of banks that own an awful lot of houses.

I think people make more here, though I'm not sure, because my paystubs come out of Louisiana, but I will say this, my gardener and house painter and window-restorers here make more than my lawyer and doctor do in Louisiana.

A lot of people moving out -- while the LAUSD is busy tearing down historic landmarks for schools, my teacher friends here are teaching in half-empty classrooms. Lots of families can't afford to buy here and have moved to Indio or whereever.

I paid $81 @sf for my house, which can still be done in LA. You just have to be really, really tolerant about the liberal application of spray-paint in your neighborhood. And after a while the PD choppers just sound like an old friend.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Yup it might

Postby modfan » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:44 am

be kinda high BUT even when that area was new it was high priced, and a lot of is has to do with the location and the view. It is next to Griffith Park and in the neighborhood of Neutra's Lovell House.
If the house was in the 'flats' of greater Los Angeles it would probably be in the 600-800 range. But the market is kinda soft right now so it probably might not sell for the asking price, at that price it may be on the market for awhile. I wouldn't be surprised if the take it off the market if it doesn't sell and then relist it at a lower price-I've seen that happen.

Sidebar: I just came back from N. Calif. and the RE ads in the newspaper for new homes are filled with expressions like 'big incentives', close out specials, and the one that builder and realtors all hate-'REDUCED PRICE'.

Synthetrix
Modern Master

Postby Synthetrix » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:08 pm

Synthetrix Photos of the Forgotten
http://photosoftheforgotten.synthetrix.com/

denmark
Modern Groupie

Foreclosures is high

Postby denmark » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:48 pm

Hey.. read all your comments.
Yes... foreclosures are running high.
At this time in LA County alone there are over 4500 house owned by bank, another 1500 in the Auction process to become bank owned, and over 9500.. .yes.. another 9500 in the notified status.. meaning they are 2 - 3 months behind on payments and in a month or so will move to the Auction phase, then bank owned. By April 07, there will be nearly 10,000 bank owned properties in LA County.

Good for me..I'm moving there right at that time and hope to pick one up below retail.. we'll see. Might be hard to find a good mid-century modern in the mix. :-)

Dennis
Dennis & Mark

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”