Mid-Century Modern for Rent

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anneklida
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mid-Century Modern for Rent

Postby anneklida » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:59 am

Available July 1, 2003. $2800.

Custom built home in Altadena, CA.
This 3 bedroom, 2 bath, and bonus room home is a mid-century modern (post and beam). Located in the foothills above Pasadena, it features an open floor plan, hardwood floors, fireplace, stv, refrig, w/d.

Enjoy the spacious covered patio overlooking a beautiful landscaped yard with pool or relax in a private enclosed courtyard after hiking the many trails that are within walking distance. A retreat feel with mountain and city views. See photos at: www.geocities.com/anneklida/altapine.html

Call Beven & Brock 626-795-3282 ext. 106 or 107

MyMac
Modern Groupie

This is a Gregory Ain Home

Postby MyMac » Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:14 pm

FYI, did you know this was a Gregory Ain Home? The developement was called Park Planed Homes and Built late 40's or early 50's if I remember right.

futura
Modern Fan

Park Planned Homes

Postby futura » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:45 pm

Just wanted to add that this doesn't look like the Ain development on Highview St in Altadena - perhaps it may be some other house by him/partner. I have studied the houses (and the plans) on that block several times (thinking about prospective purchase someday) and I am quite sure that it is located elsewhere.

allen
Modern Master

Postby allen » Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:09 pm

That nice house on Alta Pine Dr. was designed by David Lopez AIA USC 1951. He designed and built 3 other houses on that street among many others in Altadena and Pasadena. For a time he had an architectual office in Silverlake next door to Alynn Morris. About a dozen of his designs were published in the 1960's.

anneklida
Modern Groupie

Postby anneklida » Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:42 am

:D
It was designed by David Lopez, but thanks for confirming. I'm the owner and have the blueprints but they state "styled" by David Lopez so I wasn't sure if he was an architect and haven't seen his name referenced anywhere else. Do you know if any of his other houses are case studies?

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

In re: to Futura FYI

Postby modfan » Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:46 am

I added to the Ain Gallery some images of the Park Planned Homes.
Were the Ain Homes for Reseda ever built, or was that just another proposal?

allen
Modern Master

Postby allen » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:57 pm

None of David Lopez designed houses were part of the Case Study program of Arts & Architecture Mag. that I know about. I saw your Alta Pine house when it was new some 50 years ago. I'm thinking it had a lot of detail color green, blue, orange, black. Maria Davis was the first owner and she later had David design and build an apartment building for her in Pasadena. David Lopez still lives in Altadena.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”