Atlanta, GA "Great Opportunity to Build"!?!?!?

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kjansma
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Atlanta, GA "Great Opportunity to Build"!?!?!?

Postby kjansma » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:58 am

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:14 pm

Why not just build on another part of the 1 1/4 acre lot? They could have a compound! That would provide a bigger wow factor than any McMansion they could build. Appeal to their vanity if they have no sense of history. Sigh...
Last edited by home_boy on Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephen
Modern Guru

Re: Atlanta, GA "Great Opportunity to Build"!?!?!

Postby Stephen » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:15 pm

Stephen Meade
SoCal Realtor - DRE 01378749
Pacific West Assoc. of Realtors President-Elect
http://www.OCModHomes.com
http://www.CliffMaySocal.com
and
Cliff May Homeowner

kjansma
Modern Master

Mea Culpa

Postby kjansma » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:59 pm

I'm sorry that I'm adding a reply when the photos are no longer available, but I need to issue an apology to the unknown realtor even though I'm sure he/she never saw my posting and will actually never read this. My mother-in-law drove past this property today and said that the house had clearly been abandoned for years. What you couldn't see in the photo was that one side of the roof was caved in and half of the house had been overtaken by kudzu. In this case it appears that the house was clearly a tear-down. And the property has already sold. So it also shows what I know, or don't, about Atlanta real estate.

scathingjane
Modern Socialite

Land prices - Atlanta

Postby scathingjane » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:35 am

Depending on the location, that could be a great price for acreage. We live in a 1950s neighborhood next a golf course in Midtown Atlanta. Half acre tear-down lots are $600k + on most streets. If the lot backs up to the golf course, sale prices have been $780k to $900k for the "tear-downs".

There are about 6 examples of MCM in the 'hood. Three of which have been bought and restored (yea!). Two of the owners did such a great job that the houses are now used as locations for shoots.

PS: We moved in well before it became trendy to live here.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”