Altadena, Ca. unique/modern, William Duquette AIA

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

allen
Modern Master

Altadena, Ca. unique/modern, William Duquette AIA

Postby allen » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:00 pm

2765 Santa Rosa. $ 899,000. It's notable this house is a near neighbor ( same street ) to the Buff, Straub and Hensmans Case Study House. It's also notable that architect William Duquette was involved in the ( similar to Case Study ) Horizon Home Program and designed a concrete house for them in Sierra Madre with a stated 75 ton roof ! Check here for pictures and details. www.realtor.com/Prop/1077062295

Modern Dog
Modern Groupie

Postby Modern Dog » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:45 pm

They had an open house a couple of weeks ago. It has been beautifully restored. Anyone know how cool/hot it will be in this area during the summer? They have forced air heating but no A.C. except for and odd wall unit the dinning room wall. It has large overhangs and plenty of windows for cross ventilation.
Also, anyone know about that area regarding crime/gang? I know there use to be high gang activity in North Pasadena / South Altadena, is this still the case?
It's a great house and guest house in the back which was used as an office is a great plus.

Josquin
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Altadena

Postby Josquin » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:03 am

To get a discussion of the area in relation to the nearby Bass house see this link http://www.lottaliving.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5029

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:10 am

gwdiener
Modern Master

Postby gwdiener » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:32 am

Despite having close friends living in Altadena, I never knew about the "tracks" until last year when my gym opened a location on the "wrong side of the tracks" last year and my trainer was transferred there.

My experience had been dinner parties and lazy pool days at a restored 1920s estate on Mendocino so you can imagine my surprise arriving at the gym on Lincoln and seeing the congregation of gang members at the burger stand across the street (and this was at 6:30am!).

The area seems to be going through a revitalization and I hope it continues. We took a chance many years ago on buying in a repressed part of the Hollywood Hills that has since become "trendy" and even made a "10 best LA neighborhoods" list.

Modern Dog
Modern Groupie

Postby Modern Dog » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:39 pm

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”