Bobby Darin's Hollywood home for sale

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bobby Darin's Hollywood home for sale

Postby nichols » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Synthetrix
Modern Master

Postby Synthetrix » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:46 pm

Synthetrix Photos of the Forgotten
http://photosoftheforgotten.synthetrix.com/

grh122
Modern Master

Postby grh122 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:11 pm

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Altho

Postby modfan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:58 pm

I would have made a covered porch at the front door somehow.

johnnyapollo
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby johnnyapollo » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:49 pm

Beautiful home!

-- John
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
Philip K. Dick

Desperately Seeking Modern
http://modernseeker.blogspot.com

sdmod
Modern Master

Postby sdmod » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:01 pm

I guess maybe I am getting too picky...but I think they went a little crazy with the white paint. What is wrong with a little contrast say between the T&G ceilings and beams? Why not let wood walls be wood walls? It looks less vintage and too Dwell for my taste.

post50modern
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby post50modern » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:45 pm

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:22 am

Yes, I feel the same. But I love the outside of the house, especially the front. The roof is exceptionel.

scottkaycee
Modern Master

Postby scottkaycee » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:42 pm

How about a career in Architecture? www.scottkirkcueto.blogspot.com

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:09 pm

"Better Living Through Modernism"

Ryan
Modern Fan

Postby Ryan » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:53 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:18 pm

grh122
Modern Master

Postby grh122 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:53 pm

what movie?

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:37 pm

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:58 am

OPEN HOUSE SUNDAY
William Krisel, AIA, Architect                          
Bobby Darin & Sandra Dee Residence - 1955

1411 Rising Glen Road - Sunset Strip 

William Krisel, AIA. Known for the famed Alexander home in Palm Springs. The Bobby Darin & Sandra Dee Residence,1955. This classic Mid-Century showpiece is an achievement of unity, privacy & repose. A creation of interior space in light & a remarkable use of elemental qualities punctuate its every aspect. High ceilings provided by the butterfly-roof system punctuate the open flr pln that allows for yr-round indoor/outdoor living. This property offers tremendous value for a sophisticated lifestyle.

http://losangeles.tvoa.net/address.php?property_ID=1062

Offered at $3,549,000
Status
Active
Type
Single Family
Bedrooms
Baths
Living Area
Lot Size

For more information contact : Brian Linder, AIA, Realtor       800-684-8862

moderns-r-us
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby moderns-r-us » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:31 am

SWEEET!

Be sure to take the virtual tour!
"Better Living Through Modernism"

gwdiener
Modern Master

Postby gwdiener » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:08 pm

We went to the open house yesterday. The house is amazing but actually does need some work. It does not have any city views. It sits facing east like the house Zorin Balbes recently redid in the bird streets to the west.

All that 12" tile needs to go. The kitchen was redone at some point, I would guess in the 80s. It is all wrong for the house. There are some uneven floor transitions between the original house and the addition. The broker says the current dining room and the sauna & bath behind it were added. Zillow lists a renovation in 1960 so maybe that was done when Darin & Dee moved in. The broker suggested ripping out the wall between the master and the bedroom next to it but I thought the master was plenty huge as it was. The closet could have been another bedroom! The master bath was also redone recently but they kept the original sinks. The rest of the bath is a little too modern but I think I could suffer through. :roll:

The overall vibe is the best part of the house. This house is begging for big parties. I could totally see guests arriving through the front door, immediately getting a martini at the big bar and waiting for Sandra Dee (back in the day) to come out the double doors of the bedroom and down that long hall to great her guests. 8-)

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:03 pm

LOS ANGELES TIMES
By Ruth Ryon, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
March 30, 2008

Dee-Darin home is cool, Daddy-o

Hotelier Jason Pomeranc has purchased a former Hollywood Hills home of actress Sandra Dee and singer Bobby Darin for about $3 million, and now he has hired Brad Dunning to restore the classic Midcentury showpiece.

The home was built in 1955 and has five bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms in 4,200 square feet.

Pomeranc, 36, is co-owner of a Manhattan-based company that manages hotels, and he owns hotels on both coasts. He intends to remain bicoastal after the Dee-Darin house is restored.

Dunning has worked on other celebrities' homes, including the residence of Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher.

Lisa Chamberlain of Sotheby's International Realty, Los Feliz, represented both sides of the transaction.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/ne ... 4895.story

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”