Broomfield, CO - needs help

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
comodern
Modern Fan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Broomfield, CO - needs help

Postby comodern » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:28 am

This house is located in Broomfield, CO a north suburb of Denver. My husband and I viewed it when we were house hunting. Definetely some cool details, but needs help. There is such a limited amount of these types of houses in the area...would hate to see this fall into the wrong hands.

http://www.obeo.com/Public/Viewer/Defau ... ?ID=317834

64Cat
Modern Socialite

Postby 64Cat » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 am

That place could be awesome! It's not far from it now.

Karl

http://homepage.mac.com/kmadcharo/PhotoAlbum2.html

comodern
Modern Fan

Postby comodern » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 am

My husband and I ended up buying the house directly next door to this one. We would love to see someone great purchase this house. There are 5 houses in a row of this style, and so far only ourselves and one other home seem to appreciate what we have.

Mandi

http://www.flickr.com/photos/broomfield ... 576067978/

RMC
Modern Groupie

broomfield

Postby RMC » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 am

Hi Mandi - what's the housing market like in that part of town now? I have some in-laws there and lived there myself many moons ago and hope one day to return. I've heard the market has cooled quite a bit lately, is that true? Was your house in the same price range as the one listed now?

Thanks in advance for your time,
Rob

comodern
Modern Fan

Postby comodern » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Rob - The housing market hasn't really cooled too much. We paid $210 for our house and it has just over 1900 sq ft and is the exact same floorplan as the house for sale. We also had to deal with a short sale which was a major hassle to go through, but helped get the price down.

It just varies so much from house to house. In our neighborhood which is mostly just typical '50's ranch type homes they go for anywhere from $190 up to $300. We are so close to Boulder and Denver so I don't see this area of town slowing anytime soon. There is so much develepment going on in the North Denver area, specifically along the I-25 corridor, so it is far enough away but close enough to help with the housing market.

It's hard to find MCM's in North Denver, but they do exist!

britt
Modern Groupie

Postby britt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:55 am

Mandi -- thanks for the link. I moved from Denver last summer to Minnie and have nothing but regret since. In fact, i am looking to move back to Denver or SLC. I will look into this house further. Question- you bought the house next door for 210K? Was your choice on price or condition of the two houses? Can you offer any thougts on the $20K difference in price? I would love to see pictures of your home. Thanks

comodern
Modern Fan

Postby comodern » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:29 am

britt
Modern Groupie

Postby britt » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:37 pm

Thank you! I really like the one next to you. I figured the kitchen would be part of the price. I would rather get it needing a kitchen so i could do it my way but..... I love your statement on how you know where they all are located. I never made it up north to look around but i can take you to just about every one in the metro Denver and Littleton area. HA! I was looking into the Harvey Park area before i moved from Colorado last summer. There is a large pocket of them but the surrounding area seems a bit more than shady. It seemed only a couple of the people had kept there places nice. Well, best of luck to you and your new home. Take care.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”