wesley hills, rockland county, new york

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

wesley hills, rockland county, new york

Postby rockland » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:07 am

jesgord
Modern Master

Postby jesgord » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:22 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

rockland county

Postby rockland » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:56 pm

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:30 pm

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8099221@N08/477055781/

i'm new at posting, but this is my Anders Versland.
hope it works.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:39 pm

Thanks for the slideshow, rockland. Yummy house -- the perfect example of a well-loved wood-and-glass MCM that has become one with its site. That view out to the black-and-white treescape is to die for, the maples at the entrance ditto. . .

These houses must be saved !

SDR :cheers:
"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:16 am

What a wonderful home! It really became one with its site. Hopefully not too many homes in your neighborhood will be remuddled beyond recognition. Home Depot front door doesn't sound too promising, though. I often wonder why people buy these beautiful old homes when they obviously don't appreciate the style.

Love the bare trunks too but the view into green leaves must also be lovely. Do you have some Spring photos?

Connie

lookritemodern
Modern Fan

Postby lookritemodern » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:41 pm

Wow! Had I known that these homes exsisted a few years back I would not have moved from the NYC to Atlanta!

Will make sure to visit area when I visit home. Very well done!
Looks Great!

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

spring foliage

Postby rockland » Sun May 06, 2007 6:04 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sun May 06, 2007 10:22 am

so looks like the prices were in the 400s in 2002?

where are they now?

how many homes do you estimate are in this neighborhood?
do people 'know' about them yet... i.e. have they received press attention yet?

i wonder how hard it would be to buy a vacation home there?

rockland
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby rockland » Mon May 07, 2007 12:42 am

the prices seem to hover around 500.
one last spring was 465 and another 570.

at least 100 homes in our immediate area, and maybe that many more in the 5 mil radius of us.

30% seem to be all original exterior and most likely original owners. 50% minor exterior changes, and the rest are a mix of paint and landscape fouls. one winner is all paint, added gingerbread, wishing well, painted landscape rocks(white), and yard cows....no longer an Anders Versland,
except that it is the same size and footprint as ours.

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”