McLean, VA - 1958 Eames-like MCM

Commercial and Residential properties for sale, rent or lease

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, nichols, Java

Mid-CenturyMike
Modern Socialite

McLean, VA - 1958 Eames-like MCM

Postby Mid-CenturyMike » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:34 am

When I first saw this home located in Braewood in McLean, I thought of the Eames' Case Study House #8 with the horizontal colored panels, and of course, all those windows. This 4/2.5 home sits on more than half an acre and backs up to Dead Run Park. As you can see from the bottom picture, the back is almost all windows, bringing the backyard nature into the house. There are definitely things needed to be done inside, but this looks like a good outer shell to begin with.

Check the listing for images at http://tinyurl.com/33ruwb
and check out http://www.moderncapital.blogspot.com for more mid-century modern homes in the D.C. are.
Last edited by Mid-CenturyMike on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

home_boy
Modern Master

Postby home_boy » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 pm

Nice!

OFF TOPIC:
Here's a helpful household tip. Next time you have a long URL, you might want to run it through .
It automatically converted this huge 172 character URL into this one with only 25 characters:
As you can see it takes you to the same place and it will never expire. This way we don't have to scroll horizontally
to read the message or any subsequent replies.

Connie
Modern Master

Postby Connie » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:37 am

There is an interesting article from the Architectural Record "hidden" in the list of those mid-century modern homes in the second link: .

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

Postby SDR » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:23 pm

"I laugh in the face of danger! Then I hide until it goes away." Bender

Return to “Mid Century Modern Real Estate”