Arthur C. Clarke dead at 90

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Arthur C. Clarke dead at 90

Postby nichols » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:59 pm

Writer Arthur C. Clarke Dies at 90
By RAVI NESSMAN
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) — Arthur C. Clarke, a visionary science fiction writer who won worldwide acclaim with more than 100 books on space, science and the future, died Wednesday in his adopted home of Sri Lanka, an aide said. He was 90...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jfE8 ... gD8VG4BB00

MD²
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby MD² » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 pm

Goodbye & thanks Mr.Clarke.
I'm certain there's a newly born star shining in the sky for us.

Sir Clarke was also a Nobel Peace Prize nominee & "inventor" of geostationary satellite communications!

I'd recommend "Songs of Distant Earth" to anyone who hasn't had the chance to get acquainted with this extraordinary writer.

CapitalMod
Modern Master

Postby CapitalMod » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:48 am

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”