Coolest Hearses I've Ever Seen!

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mark71665
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Coolest Hearses I've Ever Seen!

Postby mark71665 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:19 am

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:04 am

Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

mark71665
Modern Master

Remember these?

Postby mark71665 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:24 pm

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_txt/prof6769.htm

While I'm glad we live in this day and age when it comes to medical technology, there was no greater thrill than to see one of these Cadillac ambulances scream down the road, with their raised roofs and their stylish tailfin-fashioned emergency lights. (If you're old enough to remember them...face it. You're old!)

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:13 am

OK, I'm that old. I do remember a neighbor who had one of the Cadillacs and converted it to a station wagon. Always fascinated me.

Kimba
Modern Master

Postby Kimba » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:33 pm

That blue one on the top is to die for! :-D
"This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything. All that I could want, and nothing that I need."

sky
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Postby sky » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:04 pm

mark71665
Modern Master

My Dad's 'Hearse' Story

Postby mark71665 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:07 pm

My Dad told the story about the owner of the building where he used to work at, back in the '50's, who was known locally as quite the eccentric. (He was a strange bird. That's why everyone loved him!) When his rich $$ wife-of-convenience passed away, the funeral was held in the historic theatre, which was/still is the central feature of the building.

As the story goes, the guy gave his wife, who had in her prime been a vaudeville showgirl and "who-knows-what-else", the fanciest, most expensive funeral of them all, complete with plenty of flowers, elegant casket and, of course, a hearse.

When he went outside after the ceremony, there was indeed a hearse: http://www.cruiserart.com/1959_cadillac ... -print.htm an old beater owned by the nighttime janitors of the building. On the side of the hearse read the slogan, 'We haul away dirt.' Alas, the right hearse was double-parked 1/2 a block away. Needless to say, the guy had a conniption fit, yelling, "Move that piece o'metal outta here! Move it! Move it! NOW!!!" It did get moved, and the funeral procession went on without a hitch.

mark71665
Modern Master

My Dad's 'Hearse' Story

Postby mark71665 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 pm

My Dad told the story about the owner of the building where he used to work at, back in the '50's, who was known locally as quite the eccentric. (He was a strange bird. That's why everyone loved him!) When his rich $$ wife-of-convenience passed away, the funeral was held in the historic theatre, which was/still is the central feature of the building.

As the story goes, the guy gave his wife, who had in her prime been a vaudeville showgirl and "who-knows-what-else", the fanciest, most expensive funeral of them all, complete with plenty of flowers, elegant casket and, of course, a hearse.

When he went outside after the ceremony, there was indeed a hearse: http://www.cruiserart.com/1959_cadillac ... -print.htm an old beater owned by the nighttime janitors of the building. On the side of the hearse read the slogan, 'We haul away dirt.' Alas, the right hearse was double-parked 1/2 a block away. Needless to say, the guy had a conniption fit, yelling, "Move that piece o'metal outta here! Move it! Move it! NOW!!!" It did get moved, and the funeral procession went on without a hitch.

mark71665
Modern Master

My Dad's 'Hearse' Story

Postby mark71665 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:08 pm

When he went outside after the ceremony, there was indeed a hearse: http://www.cruiserart.com/1959_cadillac ... -print.htm an old beater owned by the nighttime janitors of the building. On the side of the hearse read the slogan, 'We haul away dirt.' Alas, the right hearse was double-parked 1/2 a block away. Needless to say, the guy had a conniption fit, yelling, "Move that piece o'metal outta here! Move it! Move it! NOW!!!" It did get moved, and the funeral procession went on as planned.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”