Julius Shulman: Desert Modern

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robbhouston
Special Secret Modern Agent

Julius Shulman: Desert Modern

Postby robbhouston » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:56 pm

I recently purchased a copy of "Julius Shulman: Desert Modern". Great documentary about the modern architectural movement in the Southern California, especially in the Palm Springs area of California. In addition to the great images and narrations is the bonus content featuring lectures on Julius Shulman's work presented at the opening of the Julius Shulman:Palm Springs exhibition by Michael Stern, Alan Hess, and Anne Blecksmith, of the Getty Research institute.

I recommend picking up a copy, great stuff!

http://store.psmuseum.org/store/product ... lman--DVD/

--Robb
http://www.nashvillemodern.com
A little website I created to showcase my home and other MCMs in and around the Nashville TN area.

Thoroughly Modern Michael
Modern Fan

Postby Thoroughly Modern Michael » Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Thanks so much for your kind words.

The Palm Springs Modern Committee is currently selling copies of the DVD that have been signed by Julius Shulman. For more info, please visit www.psmodcom.org

Michael Stern

Director: "Julius Shulman: Desert Modern"
Curator and Author: "Julius Shulman: Palm Springs"

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”