1958/59 Chris Craft Continental

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jakabedy
Modern Master
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1958/59 Chris Craft Continental

Postby jakabedy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:17 pm

There is a boat dealer near our house. I normally drive past without even noticing the rows of bass and pontoon boats. But this week something caught my eye and my head about swiveled off its stem. It was a dash of turquoise and wood peeking out from amongst the sparkly fishing wessels.

DH and I went out there today, endangering life and limb to sidle along the fence along the interstate, to get a closer look. Clearly the coolest boat I have ever seen. For a mere $15,000, it can be mine. Do I really need the new kitchen?

1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Kitchen my .....um well...

Postby Slim and Gabby » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Um-
you can roast marshies and weenies on the beach for a while instead of the new kitchen. YESSSSSS>that thing is so boss.

The shape reminds me of the little sunbeam amphicars. There is something almost cartoony about it. Don't pass up this cutie.

Of course, I am more than happy to play enabler here.....
(la la la...can't HEAR YOU!...lalal la...)
Gabby
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

Pal George
Modern Socialite

Postby Pal George » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:40 pm

I like this even better then my 1962 Lincoln Continental convertible, the land yacht version in this instance. I've never personally observed a Chris Craft of this vintage in person, quite a find and it appears to be cherry, I say buy it and take your meals on board.

scowsa
Modern Guru

Postby scowsa » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Seeing this reminded me of visiting an exhibition of the work of Brooks Stevens, who I now regard as the Eames of industrial design.

His portfolio included a 1952 Chris Craft, as well as the the Evinrude Heli-bout

and the Zephyr Land Yacht

and the Petipoint Iron

Exhibition still archived at http://www.mam.org/collection/archives/brooks/index.asp[/url]
scowsa

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:08 am

There is a book available from that Brooks Stevens exhibit, I checked it out from my local library. Its is absolutely FASCINATING!
Highly recommended!

Butt-Face
Modern Socialite

Postby Butt-Face » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:11 am

So.......jakabedy, are/did you go(ing) for it?

spinsLPs
Most Illustrious Grand Member
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby spinsLPs » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:41 pm

jakabedy
Modern Master

Postby jakabedy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm

1920s Bungalow Gal turned MCM Maven

My Blog: http://magiccitymodern.blogspot.com/

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”