Pepsi Throwback

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
GoogieHowser
Modern Socialite

Pepsi Throwback

Postby GoogieHowser » Thu May 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Anyone had Pepsi Throwback yet? If you haven't heard, its a limited edition version of Pepsi that uses sugar instead of corn syrup like the used to do before they switched in the late 70's.

I much prefer the taste of Throwback Pepsi and I hope they decide to keep it. I think it doesn't taste as sweet and crisp as regular Pepsi. You taste more cola instead of the crisp corn syrup. I tried Mountain Dew Throwback yesterday and it too tastes much better, not as sharp.
"Everything should be made as simple as possible. But not simpler." -Einstein

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby nichols » Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Ha! This is great! Thanks for telling us about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5mM7EGR ... re=channel

tomb
Modern Master

Postby tomb » Fri May 29, 2009 6:39 pm

Butt-Face
Modern Socialite

Postby Butt-Face » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:47 pm

They have mountain dew throwback?!?!?

I haven't been to mickey d's lately so I wouldn't know about the difference in flavor.
Mexican coke is disgusting.

Perks
Most Illustrious Grand Member

Postby Perks » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:27 am

I did a side-by-side comparison of the Mexican Coke vs. the American Coke recently. They both tasted the same to me: way too sweet. I'll stick to my chemical-laden diet sodas instead.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 am

i took the "pepsi challenge" back in 'the day' and remember pepsi was waaaay sweeter then coke. the coke tasted like medicine in comparison.

but although i rarely if ever drink pop anymore - these days i still like coke better and somehow - mexican coke with its sugar instead of corn syrup just tastes more well rounded to me.

so i am interested in trying the throwback now - thanks for the heads up.

SciFiGuy1
Modern Socialite

Postby SciFiGuy1 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:23 pm

I've been looking for Pepsi Throwback on store shelves for the past month. Any tips on where it's for sale in the San Diego/Southern California area? I've been to all the usual suspects (Ralphs, Vons, Albertsons, etc.) and have yet to find it anywhere!

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:15 pm

I can't find it in Los Angeles. The bottle I found was in Bakersfield!

Perks

Postby Perks » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:42 pm

It's a documented scientific fact that they'll drink anything in Bakersfield... :wink:

Shame that I was just out there. Had I known, I'd have run out and grabbed a case.
Andy Perkins, Broker/Owner

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby nichols » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 pm

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”