Online Communities like Friendster or MySpace

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Online Communities like Friendster or MySpace

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:05 pm

Does anyone here belong to other online communities like Friendster, MySpace or Match.com?
Last edited by Futura Girl on Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlagirl80
Modern Socialite
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

myspace.com

Postby mlagirl80 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:41 pm

i just joined myspace.com because some of my friends belonged there... and when i went and checked it out, i saw quite a few more people that i knew!!... it's cool, go check it out...

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:19 am

what's your username there so i can find you...

mlagirl80
Modern Socialite

user name

Postby mlagirl80 » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:05 am

a lot of the people use their real names... i use marisa... see ya!... m :roll:

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:14 pm

just checking back in to see if any other modcommers have joined myspace yet?

SpudGirl
Modern Master

Postby SpudGirl » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:54 pm

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:41 am

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:30 am

Starburst
Modern Groupie

Online Community

Postby Starburst » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:11 pm

I belong to New Horizones world of VZones.com-they have 3 separate worlds. They are Dreamscape (ficticious cities), Second Kingdom (a fantasy-medieval world) and New Horizones (cities with real world names).
You have an avatar you can buy all kinds of accessories, jewelry, and heads for. You acquire a turf (home) and furnish it. Many games are available to play. My favorite is slots. You compete against other aves for prizes. Premier accessories, avatar bodies and jewelry, heads and pets, furniture (all kinds of neat things) can be purchased through an online catalog. I have found some good friends there and its defintely worth trying!

voxfuzz
Modern Master

Postby voxfuzz » Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:10 pm

Myspace is one of the best as far as number of cool things you can do....

Dan

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/5435573

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:00 am

I have been on friendster and tribe for over a year now, and not once have I met any people. There are about a handful of people from Iowa on either site. They are pretty useless for getting actual information about anything. I stick mostly to specialized bulletin boards related to my cars, the tiki stuff, home repair, etc...

Iowans don't seem to really get into message boards unless it has to do with cars, hunting, or dirty biker swinger gatherings :)

Most message boards I read are kind of like this one. A lot of the hot activity all exists in California. Friendster, Tribe, my automotive boards...
old beats new

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Dec 23, 2004 7:39 am

luke - check out myspace - friendster and tribe totally suck in my opinion - but myspace on the other hand is a very cool networking tool and i have made several real live friends from it.

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Thu Dec 23, 2004 10:38 am

I don't know how to share my mySpace URL with you guys, but I now exist there :)

My hopes aren't up though, being that I'm just some 27 year old engaged dude living in IOwa. It seems more like a dating service than a useful place to exchange meaningful data, but we shall see.... ;)
old beats new

Martini
Modern Fan

Postby Martini » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:14 am

Horray for Myspace. I joined it a year ago and I must say it is MUCH better than any other community. It's a good way to keep in touch with friends and such. I recommend it to all.
Martini

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:11 am

ms. frou frou - love your avatar here!!!

luke - on your home page at myspace - directly below your picture and above your sendmail/add friends navigation options - you will see a box that says "MY URL" copy and paste that url if you want to share...

i opted not to share mine - as i have rowdy radical controversial stuff on my profile that people who are not on mypsace may not understand the context of how these things work... and my opinions have NOTHING to do with running this community and I would hate to undermine Lotta Living in any way.

It's the message not the messanger...

rubyred
Modern Fan

Postby rubyred » Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:28 pm

I am new here, but I belong to Port Halcyon.....it is great for 30 sumthins, though we have younger and older too....my daughters do myspace, they love it...never tried it out, thought I would be too old for it... :roll: ....maybe will ask kids about it. 8)

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:16 pm

Here ya go:

http://profiles.myspace.com/users/13515247

As for political leanings and all that junk, you'll have a hard time offending me. I imagine most modern folk are heavily liberal, but I'm pretty steady set in my libertarian and non-religious right-wing leanings :)

I'm sure that makes me an outcast on here.

And I'm guessing I'm the only member of this board that went deer hunting today and did donuts in my PICKUP truck :)
old beats new

rubyred
Modern Fan

Postby rubyred » Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:24 pm

Thanks....cool page. Maybe I shall try it....
I am religious, but not a Thumper...I belive, go to church ect. I have strong Faith, but I do not push it or let it influence whom I have as friends,and I am open to everones opinion, that is what makes the world go around and hows you learn things...so more power to you.... :)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:20 pm

luke - you are not an outcast ;-)

libertarianly yours,
futura

rubyred
Modern Fan

on myspace

Postby rubyred » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:39 pm

retro is not just a lifestyle, but a state of mind

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”