Jim Henson's "Time Piece"

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

nichols
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Jim Henson's "Time Piece"

Postby nichols » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Saw this tonight at the Jim Henson program at the Silent Movie. Amazing. Really love it.
http://www.zappinternet.com/video/baqGs ... Time-Piece

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:00 pm

Thanks for posting that!! The last time I saw it was almost 25 years ago (fall of '84) at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills), but all I remembered was that Da Vinci-like flying contraption.

I'm surprised I don't remember more, but it was an incredible evening: Jim Henson hosted that month's George Pal fantasy tribute. Among other things, he showed rough footage of Dreamchild, which was still a year away from release (and still one of my all-time favorite movies). I remember seeing the creatures made by Henson's creature shop for the Mad Tea Party.

Roger Thornhill
Modern Master

Postby Roger Thornhill » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:38 am

Thanks for posting! That is a really interesting short. I guess I should try to make something of the symbolism but I couldn't get past those great clothes. I'm a huge fan of those slim suits. Great stuff. The pop art graphics were great too.

I'm jealous that both of you saw this at the theatre. Sounds like both nights would have been a lot of fun.

I_LUV_POWER!!!! (your name really calls for some heavy handed shift key action) what did Henson have to say about Pal? Any interesting insights?
"And darkness, as darkness does, fell."

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:05 pm

VMacek
Modern Socialite

Postby VMacek » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm

I_LUV_POWER!!!!
Lotta Living Host
Lotta Living Host

Postby I_LUV_POWER!!!! » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:40 pm