Nice Gallery of Streamline Designs

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

scowsa
Modern Guru

Nice Gallery of Streamline Designs

Postby scowsa » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:38 am

scowsa

Slim and Gabby
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Slim and Gabby » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:09 am

I didn't know Richard Dreyfuss was a designer... sorry I couldn't resist!

Very, very cool I must say. I've always been a big fan of design, especially when it goes way past functionality.

Having just bought a house built in 1920, we picked up one of these:

which is the antithesis of streamline.

The back of our house since it has a late 1950's, early 60's addition will be MCM but the rest of the house will be teens and twenties.

There's a book called, Great Inventions, Good Intentions: An Illustrated History of American Design Patents, that has all sorts of strange streamline patents in it, some used by the public and others so ridiculous as to be charming...

Slim
Pen-gu-ins is pracatically chickinz, and I hates to see chickinz cry so much, I has to put’em outta ther mizzery!

egads
Mondo Lounge Lizard

Postby egads » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:30 am

Well, we want to see pictures of the new place. I know it does not fit the theme around here, but we're all friends now, right?

Also, you might go into your profile and update your location. Considering you all are SLO no mo.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”