New upcoming Bon Jovi!

Burlesque beauties, pinup girls, vintage fashion, swanky suits, go-go boots, hairdoos,
cocktails, recipes, dancing, nostalgia and random retro lifestyle that a Space Age Atomic Age Bachelor might need to know about. Post War movies, television, broadway shows, music... exotica, lounge, cocktail, vocals, standards, space-age, swing, tiki, Modern Transportation, 1950s 1960s classic cars, monorails, scooters, trailers and trains, oh my...

Moderators: I_LUV_POWER!!!!, Joe, moderns-r-us, Tony, Futura Girl, sean, nichols, Java, Matt Deckard

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dedoralife
Modern Groupie
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

New upcoming Bon Jovi!

Postby dedoralife » Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:18 pm

I heard Bon Jovi’s new album that’s about to come out. I’ve always been a fan since I could remember (up from the late 80’s) from my sister always playing their tapes. With that said, its a lot of the stuff I’ve never heard before. My boss let me check out her promo copy with four discs, at least 50 some songs altogether and a dvd. It hasn’t been released yet but its gonna be awesome since its almost like a brand new album instead of a greatest hits type deal where theyre jus trying to sell the old stuff all over again. I heard that its gonna come out sometime the middle of this month but does anyone know anything else about it?

SpudGirl
Modern Master

Postby SpudGirl » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:04 pm

Um, how does this relate to the message board? I dont recall Bon Jovi being retro, vintage and living a modern lifestyle...but maybe I'm just being a B-word..... :-)

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:37 am

Nathan
Special Secret Modern Agent

Postby Nathan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:29 pm

L.A.kevin

Postby L.A.kevin » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:49 am

streinen
Modern Master

Bon Jovi Sucks...

Postby streinen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:26 pm

And so do record label marketing execs who pay people to go find every chatroom imaginable and litter them with this type of "word of mouth advertising you can't buy." Yes, it happens, and I believe LottaLivin has just been struck.

streinen
Modern Master

Bon Jovi Sucks...

Postby streinen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:27 pm

And so do record label marketing execs who pay people to go find every chatroom imaginable and litter them with this type of "word of mouth advertising you can't buy." Yes, it happens, and I believe LottaLivin has just been struck.

modfan
Space Cadet (over 2001 posts)

Watch out for the same thing happening here----

Postby modfan » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:19 pm

That happened on the 'Keeping Up Appearances' BBS that I sometimes post to-we might get these 'kinda like spams' for conservative columnists, russian brides, cigarettes, sex in London and flower delivery in Russia.

freddiefreelance
Modern Master

Postby freddiefreelance » Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:51 am

People like this who spam BBses & forums are called "Street Teamers." Street Teamers can be spotted by the fact they only make 1 or 2 posts, usually massively off topic, and don't give any specifics about the band, movie or TV series they're pushing. Deodoralife could've mentioned that there are 3 disks of unreleased music as well as a rarities disk & the DVD of unreleased video. Or s/he could've pointed out the band's wearing individualized versions of Elvis' gold lame tuxedo on the cover (a very slight nod to mid-century fashion). But all s/he did was copy what was handed to him/her & paste it onto a board that has nothing to do with '80s music or Bon Jovi.

MM, delete this thread & don't even bother banning this moron, they won't be back.
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S.

SDR
Lotta Living FANatic

ads

Postby SDR » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:21 am

I've noted increased posting of promos and outright advertising on other design chat boards -- could this be related to the "mandate" won in the recent (US) election?

luke_trash
Modern Master

Postby luke_trash » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:15 am

Ahh Bon Jovi.. Memories of childhood roller skating parties and the dorky booth DJ at the roller rink...
old beats new

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:50 am

JAB

Postby JAB » Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:14 am

Futura Girl
Lotta Living Hostess
Lotta Living Hostess

Postby Futura Girl » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:19 pm

okay - I am about to lock this thread.

The only reason I am doing so is to make an example that people who are not regular contributors on the board are NOT welcome to post such stuff here...

HOWEVER, if you ARE a regular contributor to the board, you are welcome to be as silly as you like (now and then) and post about Bon Jovi or any other topic that would make a Modernist laugh.

Return to “Everything Else and the Kitchen Sink”